Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • People that have to give you more info than needed.
  • Cougar

You know they don’t HAVE to do it. They’re just trying to play your little sales game by appealing to your better nature.

He works in Sales remember, they don’t have a better nature.

(-:

Cougar

And yeah, despite the complete lack of irony awareness in the OP, I get where they’re coming from.

It was the same when I did Tech Support for the great unwashed back in the 90s. People will come up with any hoary old reason why their case is far more important then everyone else’s. You might be the most important person in your own little bubble, but a mid-20s nerd on a salary of £7.5k gives zero shits about any of that.

They were always the worst people to deal with too. Doctors, teachers, anyone used to being Big Dog in their own world, the “don’t you know who I am?” brigade. When they’re not in control they can’t handle it and they really don’t like having to follow instructions from someone else.

Cougar

(I don’t need to disclaimer that for the professionally offended, do I? I don’t mean all doctors etc, just the ones that feel the need to tell you.)

convert

OP was clearly on the sauce when he wibbled that.

But I think anyone in sales trying the line that customers are a bit ott in trying a line when everyone knows that people in sales can’t help trying a line is, well, stepping over the line.

Does your average car salesman ever listen to another car salesman (when you are sitting at a desk trying to look busy or round the back scoffing a bag of crisps talking to the manager about what he might be able to do for a customer) and think – ‘why yes, that condescending patter of total cliched bollox sounds mighty fine, incredibly original, and totally plausible. If I was sitting in the customer’s chair, Dave would be getting a reach around right about now’

Kryton57

But I think anyone in sales trying the line that customers are a bit ott in trying a line when everyone knows that people in sales can’t help trying a line is, well, stepping over the line.

Its not stepping over a line its just a game to be played.  The op knows that.   Hes questioning the morals of the reasoning used to negotiate a discount.

The op needs to search out whether its real, or the guys a scumbag who doesnt deserve an empathetic discount.

RichPenny
    Free Member

The whole discount for key workers thing was virtue signalling by businesses and left a lot of NHS workers quite uneasy but unfortunately it’s given a few the belief that they stand above ordinary citizens outside of the medical world. Anyone who has worked through out this period has been helping the country, no good the NHS keeping people alive (and I do think they’ve done a good job despite the government) if there’s no society / economy to come back to.

And on the same note those that have been sacrificed (lost jobs and businesses) to aid the lock down have been hut harder by this than many deemed ‘key worker’s.

NHS workers in general are underpaid and unappreciated. Many keyworkers have been exposed to higher risks than fat IT managers bleating from behind a desk. Happy that they might get something more meaningful than the clap in return for their efforts.

Kryton57

NHS workers in general are underpaid and unappreciated. Many keyworkers have been exposed to higher risks than fat IT managers bleating from behind a desk. Happy that they might get something more meaningful than the clap in return for their efforts.

As long as the buyer is genuine which I’m not sure is the point of the OP’s first post?

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘People that have to give you more info than needed.’ is closed to new replies.