Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • People still use Dogtag for travel insurance?
  • convert

Off to Greece in a few weeks – spot of sea swimming, sailing/windsurfing, sea kayaking, road and mtb riding, running. Nowt extreme or competitive. Always used to use Dogtag when travelling to compete and they are a little more expensive than your bog standard travel insurance (£40 for the week for the 2 of us) but debating if it’s actually any better for active but not exteme style trips than your standard fare.

GrahamS

I generally use Columbus. They have pretty good cover (not sure about your sports that they cover a fair few)

http://www.columbusdirect.com/

jota180
    Free Member

Greece can be a nightmare for getting medical treatment, maybe worth investigating which company is the best at managing any crisis and choose that rather than one that simply agrees to pay bills but leaves the running around to the client

convert

Yes, the tricky bit is working out not only if they will try to wriggle out of paying but how good they are at helping sort you out in your hour of need.

I’ll give Columbus a look too, thanks.

Trekster

Greece can be a nightmare for getting medical treatment

Depending on how reliable news reports are and if there are any riots when you are there best hope you don’t need it ❗

(£40 for the week for the 2 of us) but debating if it’s actually any better for active but not exteme style trips than your standard fare.

Given the state Greece is in is that expensive? May also depend on their interpretation of “active vs extreme”. .?

eg I was out biking this morning @ 8am in the pi****g rain which is “normal” for me but my neighbours think it was a bit “extreme”. 😆

jota180
    Free Member

It’s always been a nightmare, not just recent times

beicmynydd
    Free Member

Give Snowcard a go,

convert

May also depend on their interpretation of “active vs extreme”. .?

eg I was out biking this morning @ 8am in the pi****g rain which is “normal” for me but my neighbours think it was a bit “extreme”.

Dogtag are pretty switched on for things like cycling (and most other sports) – it’s broken down into road cycling; cyclo cross; Mountain Biking – Recreational (general cross-country, off-road cycling); Mountain Biking – Competitive; Mountain Biking – Downhill (using Downhill trails and/or mechanical uplift) & Mountain Biking – Mega Avalanche. The first 3 are cheaper than the last three. Strangely competative road cycling is not a listed sport so I’ve had to ring up about that but time trail is (and is not covered for any money!) as is triathlon.

Who’d have thought it – in my time trailing days I was more rad than those downhillers and gnarly mega avalanche types 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘People still use Dogtag for travel insurance?’ is closed to new replies.