Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • People on video metings with pristine book shelves
  • Premier Icon mrhoppy

I’m fairly sure David Olusoga reads the books on his shelves, or he wrote them.

Premier Icon geuben
    Free Member

There’s a pretty popular twitter account on this very subject: https://twitter.com/bcredibility?lang=en

Premier Icon AlexSimon

@Binners – thank you. Definitely best project to date. Doesn’t look quite as good now we’ve put the dining stuff back in front of it. Ah well.
    Good that you’ve been able to benefit from the zoom rush. At least they’ll have some nice artwork to keep looking at when this is all over!

That twitter feed has some good ones – not sure the commentary is always on-point though.

Premier Icon Richie_B

I’m fairly sure David Olusoga reads the books on his shelves, or he wrote them.

So all the matching ones are either his complementary copies or remainders? The only books I’ve ever bought that match for more than three books have been when updating the office library (Yes certain reference material is only available in print format).

The only other explanation is that he arranges his books by publisher and impression which is just plain weird.

I’m still jealous of the space though

Premier Icon hooli
    Free Member

Ha, if only. The area I work in looks like a bomb has gone off (twice), all except the little area behind me that can be seen from the webcam.

Premier Icon slowoldman

Show me a neat bookshelf and I’ll show you someone who doesn’t read books.

Premier Icon Jolsa
    Free Member

Chuckling at the comments that suggest historian David Olusoga’s books are never read or fake (‘bought by the yard’) because they’re neat and the spines line up!

Thanks for the laugh guys 🙂

Premier Icon scuttler

In all fairness David Olusoga appears to have both a bookshelf and reference library. I’m sure he uses both to varying degrees. I wonder what the trophy’s for though – BBC TV Historians vs BBC TV Scientists 5-a-side?

Premier Icon Superficial
    Free Member

It’s kind of embarrassing that some people don’t believe others could possibly have read a few books.

Premier Icon scuttler

BBC TV Historians vs BBC TV Scientists 5-a-side?

In response to my own post I just read the Twitter bookshelf thing and it’s a bloody BAFTA. Boring. ‘A House Through Time’ is shit-hot though.

Premier Icon DezB

Thanks for the laugh guys

That’s kinda the idea.

It’s not just his bleedin books so though is it!

Premier Icon cynic-al

We’ve been having a laugh with DIY Teams backgrounds, using screenshots of each other so it looks like we’re in the same room etc.

Being John Malkowich poster is my next idea.

Premier Icon CountZero

Dude on BBC breakfast earlier. Pretty strong shelf game going on.

That guy buys his books by the yard (there are great lengths of spines which match up), so I’d question how many he has opened. If I’d ever had so much space to myself I can’t imagine having the inclination to keep it clutter free (who even with kids hangs all their guitars neatly on the wall and hides the amp unless they don’t really play them that often), so he either has an army of cleaners or leads a rather sad lonely existence (I suspect the former but because I’m jealous I’d like to believe the latter).

You do realise that’s David Olusoga, writer of a number of books on racism and Black issues, whose presenting the ‘A House Through Time’ programme at the moment that centres on a house in Bristol connected with slavery, is a Professor, and those guitars, if you’d actually taken the time to look instead of sneering, are all acoustic, so don’t need amps!
    A mate has a bunch of guitars and other stringed instruments, his are all hung on the wall like that, it’s the most sensible way to keep them out of the way but accessible.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Olusoga

Premier Icon Blackflag

A mate has a bunch of guitars and other stringed instruments, his are all hung on the wall like that, it’s the most sensible way to keep them out of the way but accessible.

Mine are like that. It saves a lot of space as they are above the pedal boards and amps.

Premier Icon dannyh

If the people in your zoom meeting are busy looking at the respective backgrounds of each other’s video, then gain yourself an hour by ****ing off pointless meetings.

I hate meetings. They are either a way of people palming off responsibility and work or imparting bad news.

Premier Icon footflaps

I hate meetings. They are either a way of people palming off responsibility and work or imparting bad news.

Before lock down when we worked in this thing called an Office, which some of you will be too young to remember, I would have agreed.

However, since the great plague of 2020, I’ve actually found MS Teams to be really useful and the video calls work way better than I’d ever expected.

Premier Icon stevextc
    Free Member

I know that people at my old work bought chromakey blankets for behind them when they were doing meetings with video.

My projector just happens to project there… and there is a large white sheet.

I experimented with a download background from the local hotel bar (off their website)

Try this see if it’s recognised
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/f4uUikHken8CCgBK7Baku (or I can do the Hilton or Absheron bars)

Premier Icon DezB

CZ in shocking sense of humour bypass post

Premier Icon willard

Have just been through my old Macbook to look at some photos I could use and have found some nice (but seasonal) ones of campfires in snowy forests and, for some reason, a lot of random shitty outdoor gyms and accommodation in Afghanistan. I need to try the other laptop and see if I have some better ones.

Premier Icon cynic-al

Various Shining stills did not go down well today…

Premier Icon grahamt1980

I was proud in a recent interview when I was told that we looked like we have some heavy duty bookshelves.
    he was right, they are 1″ thick, 8′ by 30cm depth shelves and they are probably overloaded. The book cases on the other side are full of science and guide books

Premier Icon dudeofdoom

Various Shining stills did not go down well today…

Oddly I was planning to post the youtube of where he’s typing away and having the argument about being interrupted 🙂

On our team feed as we have a Few prima Donnas.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.