Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • People of Stoke – Park Hall Country Park?
  • vazaha

What’s it like?

Have to pass it almost daily at the moment – worth putting the bike in the back?

Any advice?

jekkyl

Yup it’s good fun for a couple of hours. Tons of tracks all over the spot. Don’t worry about bridleway Footpath nonsense just ride everywhere. Lots of fun on the other side of the road with some steep descents to bomb down then winch back up. Just go and have a look, you can’t really get lost as you just come to the edge if you keep going and hit tarmac. There are some proper steep bits with rocky drop offs if you really want to test yourself. I like to link it in with some other bits for a sort of urban XC, places like Werrington Moor and Berry hill fields. Pm if you want more pointers or to jump on my strava 👍

vazaha

Don’t worry about bridleway Footpath nonsense just ride everywhere

I’d most likely be riding mid-week off-peak – my one thought after having a brief squizz last week was people being a bit arsey about exactly that.

Will give it a go when this goddam hurricane subsides – thanks for the reply.

vazaha

Finally got round to it today – really enjoyed it. Only rode around for about an hour and a half but felt there was more that i was missing.

Bucket loads of potential – could easily be a ‘F t D/Monkey style red/black route (actually was very redolent of the Chase, where i do most of my riding), and a nice blue too.

Is Strava public? Not a user myself, but would be interested to see which bits are most used – the bit over toward Weston Coyney (Google Maps says ‘Bolton Gate’) looked fairly ripe.

Sneaked in a quick blast on the Chase on the way home for good measure. 🙂

jekkyl

pm’d you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘People of Stoke – Park Hall Country Park?’ is closed to new replies.