• This topic has 181 replies, 75 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by ojom.
Viewing 22 posts - 161 through 182 (of 182 total)
  • People interfering in you for sale threads.
  • patricksingletrack
    Free Member

If you are genuinely offended by Jeyboy – I’ll contack clubber and request an alternative – let me know.

It was an attempt at fun on what was becoming a rather attritious thread.

I’m thinking of changing mine to tomfoolery 🙂

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Back on the topic for a second…

This…

It just seems to be this simple- the new rules are pro-seller, anti-buyer. Certain sellers think this is great, for some mysterious reason. Buyers can’t possibly gain from it and can potentially lose out. Decent sellers had nothing to fear from reasonable criticism in the first place. (and fwiw, I sell as much as I buy)

I pay a sub, I like the mag, I like the community atmosphere,and don’t see why people posting in the classified ads section, who are not paying subs, not paying Mark a fee for the ad and often not posting much in the rest of the forum get a free pass at screwing over people who do contribute.

I also don’t see how sensible comments, positive or negative, in for sale threads reduce STWs income… So why make the rule?

It does make me wonder if those at ST Towers find the forum embarrassing, or a necessary nuisance, or just don’t like the idea of the forum being a Community with its own views. I could understand some of this given the PITA it has probably been sometimes.

If they charged per ad, and then put in place a decent feedback system I wouldn’t mind the rule. But this isn’t ebay.It should be more than that.

I think it’s really sad.

singletracked
    Free Member

nah, not right now. I might choose to get offended later.

Carry on. As you were.

singletracked
    Free Member

The only logical reason i can see for the rule, given the reasoning presented, is that STW staffers are shifting stuff out thorough the For Sale section at inflated prices

Markie
    Free Member

It just seems to be this simple- the new rules are pro-seller, anti-buyer. Certain sellers think this is great, for some mysterious reason. Buyers can’t possibly gain from it and can potentially lose out. Decent sellers had nothing to fear from reasonable criticism in the first place. (and fwiw, I sell as much as I buy)

Agreed.

clubber
    Free Member

singletracked – Member
    Personally, I find the term Jeyboy homophobic and offensive. If by paying a fiver you can get away with it it might lead to all kinds of tomfoolery

Oh… well I’ve never really seen it that way – well except that it was originally likely the intent but people didn’t really take it as offensive and as such turned the joke back on the people trying to be rude/homophobic. YMMV I guess but I’ve always figured that the best way to confront prejudice is head on.

tomhoward

What Stoatsbrother said, with the exception of the forum being a nuisance. It’s a great marketing tool, I for one subscribed on the strength of the forum.

As for donations, if I put stuff up for sale, I dont price it to ‘do well’ I price it at what I would pay for it.

higthepig
    Free Member

Stoatsbrother+1

In the future, can we expect threads to be pulled from the Bike/Chat forums as they may upset commercial enterprises (such as those over there ?) ?

Mark

Has that ever happened before?

rOcKeTdOg

Who gets the “middle aged whiny cockbag” tag?

higthepig
    Free Member

Has that ever happened before?

Not that I’m aware, that is why I said in the future can we expect it. However, I would imagine you generate more income from the adverts on the site than you do with donations from classified sales, seems like the next logical step to me.

cynic-al
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member

Who gets the “middle aged whiny cockbag” tag?

Should be default? 😉 Or “lefty do-gooder”?

Junkyard
    Free Member

oh i should have had lefty do gooder

Look what the bastards gave me

Oh he changed it – very funny – its like Tags for mods innit 😛

cynic-al
    Free Member

What had they give you junkyard?

Anyway we need to get a list going:

CFH – token posh boy
    glupton – dust creator
    zokes – nuclear apologist

etc 😀

ojom
    Free Member

I need one. Think i might go with Astroturfer.

duckman

In the font I have, why are you both called Hitler?

D0NK

Look what the bastards gave me

🙂

I can’t think of one 🙁
    soon as I think of something humorous that I won’t regret in six months time I’ll get myself a tag.

(this is why I don’t have any tattoos, that and my fear of pain)

Junkyard
    Free Member

no I asked for that what they gave me was

big hitter i dont need the awesome bit – [that was what you wanted right?]
    Bold my message the rest theirs

I thought it was funny but also showed what a bunch of Saddos we are

I did consider the only loony left – but thought I might be pushing it re our dear departed left wing friends/ranters

Should have done something about my lefty persona
    on reflection
    I am certain I spelt hitter wrong as well

maccruiskeen

How much would it cost to change the tag on someone elses account? 🙂

wwaswas

I mistyped my one.

druidh
    Free Member

thebikechain – Member
    I need one. Think i might go with Astroturfer.

Pretty sure brant has that one booked.

ojom
    Free Member

Dammit.

Viewing 22 posts - 161 through 182 (of 182 total)

The topic ‘People interfering in you for sale threads.’ is closed to new replies.