• This topic has 27 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Kuco.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • People in offices
  • emsz
    Free Member

Does every office worker just spend his/her time bitching about each other? On placement ATM (won’t say where, just in case :-)) and shocked by how much people just gossip and bitch to complete strangers (me) about their co-workers. “Dont trust him” “she’s got a toy boy” “she’s the office bike” were just some of the comments people said to me.

Funny, but wow, indiscreet much?

druidh
    Free Member

Like anything in life, there are good types and bad types.

br
    Free Member

IMO Nobody can swear like a white colour Manager, and the average corporate ‘citizen’ would stab their mother for one-up on a colleague.

brakes
    Free Member

I’m lucky and work in a pretty cooperative unbitchy office
    but give someone a couple of glasses of vino and the truth will out 🙂

Pieface

All office culture varies, but generally we’re all a bunch of bitches 😈

yunki
    Free Member

extensive scientific studies have shown that third generation office workers have more DNA in common with slugs than human beings..

gross huh..?

thec0bra
    Free Member

I work in an office and joke that everyday is like an episode of eastenders, its so funny sometimes!

Everybody knows everybody’s business and beware the dreaded facebook, colleague was paid off recently for ripping into the company in his personal page, out of working hours, grassed on by you guessed it, another colleague.

Dont know who’s worse sometimes, the guys or gals!!!

emsz
    Free Member

Oh, the girls without a doubt!!

went to the pub with a couple of them today, and wow, they just laid into the same people they’d just been smiling and laughing with back in the office!

I know every-one bitches, but I’d never say those sorts of things about people I know to complete strangers after knowing them for just a few hours!

sharki
    Free Member

I’ve worked with slugs more than i have in offices and can only agree with yunki.

How mushroom has my office got?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Worked on the shop floor and in an office and offices are shocking places. Plenty back stabbing going on.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Are they always one big knocking shop too?

DezB
    Free Member

Sharki’s pic : channel 4, embarrassing bodies !!

Junkyard
    Free Member

mine is fine no one does this at all everyone has a laugh and all the banter is to each other’s face.

allthepies
    Free Member

colleague was paid off recently for ripping into the company in his personal page, out of working hours

Not sure what said colleague was expecting.

Rule #342: Don’t air work issues on a public internet site.

thec0bra
    Free Member

I agree, you post it on something like facebook, it may get noticed. Like the guy that got 4 years for admitting rape on there, really, what did he expect was going to happen.

Then again thats facebook, apparently employers now scouring websites like this before offering people jobs to see what they are letting themselves in for.

samuri
    Free Member

went to the pub with a couple of them today, and wow, they just laid into the same people they’d just been smiling and laughing with back in the office!

I know every-one bitches, but I’d never say those sorts of things about people I know to complete strangers after knowing them for just a few hours!

You don’t know me at all but you’ve just told me that some of your colleagues are backstabbers. 😉

emma82
    Free Member

It’s unfortunately some peoples default position. I rarely say something behind someones back that I wouldn’t say to their face to be honest but I know some really bitchy types. That said I have had a bit if a moan about one or two people this week out of sheer frustration. I do not however ever moan to people that ive heard gossiping or being snipey because there is a big difference between being frustrated and being a bitch. 😈

Davesport

I’m grateful to the people who work in offices. The world needs office workers. I’m just glad I’m not one of them. Personally it’s my vision of hell.

iDave
    Free Member

I spent 6 months in an office last year and found it to be a vile hell-hole of retarded shirkers. They hated me too.

Hohum
    Free Member

Davesport – Member
    I’m grateful to the people who work in offices. The world needs office workers. I’m just glad I’m not one of them. Personally it’s my vision of hell

I would bet the equity in my house that 99% of office workers work to live rather than the other way around.

It’s a means to an end.

However, I have seen some colleagues in the office thrive on bitching. It seems to be the only thing that keeps them going at times.

Some of the rants you here are dreadful, but they come from colleagues/managers who you wish/hope don’t say the same things about you.

I tend to find those that rant and bitch the most are those who are really driven, but don’t quite have what is required to reach the top and then become really very bitter about it 🙁

ridingscared
    Free Member

Bitterness does bring out the worst for sure, as does pressure. As for it being ‘hell’ – well for me hell was working nights in a loud, cold , dirty , dangerous environment year round. Leaving my warm office at 3 on a Friday and being able to go out on my bike or have a pint without having to have a shower ,or being able to login and check the forums out on a monday afternoon, or not going to bed at 7 in the morning and having my cornflakes at 3 in the afternoon is anything but hell. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

takisawa2

I work in an office of about 30 blokes, all Engineers of some sort. We’re too busy talking rubbish to be bitchy. Loads of mickey taking though. There are exceptions, the snot snorter, the OCD finger clicker who also clips his toenails into his bin every lunchtime. We had an arse who did conference calls on speakerphone but we had him killed.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

“Dont trust him” “she’s got a toy boy” “she’s the office bike” were just some of the comments people said to me

Useful information when you start in a new place. You now know who not to trust, which older woman to flirt with and who to see if you want a quick bunk-up 😆

13thfloormonk

I like my office and the people in it, but get a bit depressed by how keen my immediate peers are, I don’t really fancy staying late and working weekends just to compete with them!

skiboy
    Free Member

you should try working where i am, we have a rather militant group led by an overbearing bully (or so he thinks), he even pinned the general manager against the coffee machine a few months back, in all fairness the general manager is a bit too soft and is walking a fine line between needing the guy and having all the tools to chuck him out the door with his tools after 27yrs.

we have to tolerate the bully for the time being until we find a resolve, we had a new member of staff 3 months back, he sweet talked her, was nice to her ,even giving her a new mp3 player, then when she was fully into him he told her to lodge a complaint for bullying against me,

unfortunately for the pair of them i never miss anything thats going on on account of all the gossips at work, so we had a meeting with her and she struggled not to drop them all in it along with herself, shame, she really slipped up when she announced that she had previously been in the same position before in several companies, oh well, she is being told monday that her contract is finished as we don’t need any more disruptive elements at work,

in the whole i feel sorry for her as she has been manipulated by the bully and ultimately it cost her her job, and during all this time i never said a bad word about her and was always very helpful, never mind.

about 30% of our workforce is this way inclined and seem to spend most of their days complaining about people telling them to do some work and stop standing round, they don’t even realise their actions could cost us all our jobs if they don’t do some work soon, still you can’t sack them because they is infringing their rights to be employed and they see it as bullying or discrimination against them..

50 cal..5:30 in the car park that would be a good resolve. 😉

Kuco

Never worked in an office but worked for a couple of months in a factory and the bitching and backstabbing was rife. I found the women to be the worse, I couldn’t wait to get out.

MrSmith
    Free Member

it’s threads like this that make me realise how lucky i am.
    i occasionally have to visit offices for work it’s not just the people but that horrible aircon that makes you want to take a shower after being there for an hour.

Kuco

Where I currently work if I have to go into our main office its like walking into a morgue, no one talks to each other.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘People in offices’ is closed to new replies.