Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • People burning wet wood on inefficient stoves ‘poisoning themselves’
  • cornholio98
    Free Member

I can’t see how that could even work. The flow is all upwards, hot air rises. In the unlikely event the flow went the other way I can’t see how it can get into the lounge without bringing all the visible nasty stuff with it.

And no one ever got CO poisoning from a faulty boiler…

Drac

Oooh so my log burner is a social class status. Awesome

Kahurangi

Drac – nah, in your area it’s because natural gas and electricity are a middle class luxury 😉

for the rest of us yes, adding a log burner to a home with central heating is definitely a middle class luxury.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Clarke Gable had it right. Frankly ………

Wood , probably damp has been used for thousands of years. The new pollutants are the “incomers” and thus to be condemned first. Wood was there first.  When anyone moans about wood and yet still drives, takes a holiday or indeed does anything in the modern world I start to think about their glass houses. Wood isn’t the problem. Its 60 effing million people wanting every modern convenience.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

When anyone moans about wood and yet still drives, takes a holiday or indeed does anything in the modern world I start to think about their glass houses. Wood isn’t the problem. Its 60 effing million people wanting every modern convenience.

Not at all there are alternatives and they are coming fast. Vanity Wood burners are a huge problem, burning wet wood is. None can be excused by not going on holiday.

Drac

Drac – nah, in your area it’s because natural gas and electricity are a middle class luxury

Haha!

First private house with electric was just over the Moors from here.

andyl
    Free Member

I’m removing the wood burner from our barn conversion plans. Been thinking about it for a year as it seems like the right thing to do. We were going to grow our own wood and coppice it.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Vanity burners are a problem.

Unsustainable use is a problem.

People like mattsccm are a problem.

It’s not about what came first, it’s about how you use it. And yes, it’s been around for thousands of years and even in the pre-white settlement days California was a smog trap from all the wood getting burned. It’s nothing to do with what else you do or use and about cutting down on unnecessary pollution.

Kahurangi

First private house with electric was just over the Moors from here

That Armstrong fella did have a very nice house too.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘People burning wet wood on inefficient stoves ‘poisoning themselves’’ is closed to new replies.