Pentlands tonight – Sorry had to give blood last night

Home Forum Bike Forum Pentlands tonight – Sorry had to give blood last night

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Pentlands tonight – Sorry had to give blood last night
  • Premier Icon robgarrioch
    Subscriber

Seems fine, normally I’d avoid Phantoms (your section 4), but given it’s been reasonably dry it’s probably the best it’ll be for a while. There’re paths to either side of the exponential road climb (section 9) which makes for a bit more interest on the MTB…

Kunstler

Phantom’s Cleugh is good in the dry (is it ever though?) and although I don’t want to complicate things for you, I think that the best way would be clockwise if you added the descents off Black Hill (green line path before point 10) and Castlelaw (red line on map running SW just before point 2). Needs to be dry for it to be good.

Your route is good. You could always do what I’ve suggested another day.

bigbadbob

Right folks, with all your help yesterday which I am very grateful for, I think I managed to plot a route and upload it to my Garmin 500. If you can take a look at this screen grab and tell me if it is OK or do I need to change my route.

[/url]
    screen-capture by Bigbadbadura, on Flickr[/img]

Many thanks for any info good or bad.
    Rob

DougD

I’d turn it into a figure of 8 and from point 4, follow the descent down to the reservoir. At the bottom turn right and head up through 13, 12 and 11 then as Kunstler says head up black hill (good views and good descent) then follow that down to the reservoir, head over to pick up by point 8 then turn right through 7, 6 and 5 then down to the reservoir again and left then through 14.

Agree with DougD.

Highland28

I would agree with Doug as well. Very similar to my usual ride round the pentlands with a few alterations dependant on the weather.

bigbadbob

Folks,
    Did the ride on Tuesday night, a lovely night for riding. Superb, my Garmin 500 was spot on, I deviated slightly sometimes, but soon got back on course. Did the route as above, hard going at first but well worth the hard slog up to the top. I was just starting to head back down, when a voice says ‘Hi’. I shat myself. Did not expect to see a chap running just then. Funny though. Had to stop for a heard of Highland Coos. It took a bit longer than I thought it would, but a great ride. Just need to do that a couple of times a week and that will be bob on.
    Cheers for all the info folks.
    Might try and post the pics I took up there if I can.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Pentlands tonight – Sorry had to give blood last night’ is closed to new replies.