Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • Pentlands tomorrow?
  • Kit
    Free Member

Its a good job he doesn’t come on here…

Don’t worry, I’ve just emailed him the link to this page. 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

so 6.30 at cargo, 7 at teh wee shoppe in bonally?

Stu

Yep – with your completed parental permission forms for Ian! 😀

cynic-al
    Free Member

Is a lawyer needed on this thread?

Or on the ride?

bigjim

As your attorney, I strongly advise you to ignore this thread.

ojom
    Free Member

We find it amusing also.

13thfloormonk

Hold on, FraserHughes, did I ride through Bonaly with you yesterday evening, me on a white Whyte, you on a red Sanderson?

Thats a big ride you did there, just read the route properly!

FraserHughes
    Free Member

13thfloormonk – wasnae me I was on a rigid White Inbred. Was at Bonaly around 7 though…

’twas a good ride, cracking weather. Including my commute I think it was a 60km day, not bad for a work night 😀

ojom
    Free Member

Don’t hang about for me. Will be working later than normal. Been a rather busier day than we thought it might be… got admin i need to get done.

Enjoy!

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

bail-n-fail™

ojom
    Free Member

Ken. We had an ad in Cycling Weekly today that has resulted in it being a bit daft!

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

amazing.

ojom
    Free Member

It is.

Thanks.

Kit
    Free Member

We had an ad in Cycling Weekly today

Did you photoshop your head onto jimmy’s torso and onion’s legs? That’s a winner right there!

You still going out riding MD? I can meet you at TBC when you’re done, if you know roughly when that’ll be.

ojom
    Free Member

Canny Kit. Need to finish off here. Off tomorrow so can’t leave it hanging over.

Kit
    Free Member

No worries, well done btw 😉

senojevad
    Free Member

My consultant at work was evidently thinking of the trail erosion when he made me work until 7. GRRRRRRRR 👿 Enjoy

druidh
    Free Member

I had a quick spin earlier. Didn’t really enjoy it, despite the lovely evening, as I just seemed to be off my game a bit. Tracks, in the main, are surprisingly dry. Red Road, Kips Bypass, Green Cleugh, Black Hill, Harlaw and home. The only soft bit was on the Kips Bypass path and even that wasn’t too bad. I also see that there are a couple of new bridges on the Red Road

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

nice ride out chaps. ( of us out. Pint or two in the pub after wards and we managed to restrain 13th floor from too much climbing

13thfloormonk

Didn’t restrain my chat though, 2 pints after some excellent descents and I think I was getting a bit full of myself, apologies…

Great ride though, another fantastic night as well!

debaser

Great ride, good beer and fine chat.

Schoolboy error of forgetting to change my dual ply tyres for something more sensible was compounded by a sheared seatpost bolt at clubbiedean and having to spend most of the rest of the ride standing. 😕

For those bits where I could sit down I must thank Stu for some rather splendid zip tie jury rigging.

Thanks for hanging around for me to catch up folks, much appreciated.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

top ride everyone! 🙂

bigjim

Good ride team.

FraserHughes
    Free Member

Liking the look of those bridges!

Where did you guys go yesterday? If you got back in time for the pub it clearly wasn’t far enough… 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Clubbiedean, harlaw, black hill. maidens, harbour hill, scalextrics. In t’pub at 9.45. ’twas a slow one due to mechanicals

FraserHughes
    Free Member

Cool – the ziptied seat clamp sounds like a good bodge. Which pub do you go to on the way back in?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

spylaw

bigjim

Spylaw tavern will be delighted to welcome us next week I’m sure!

Stu

Great ride guys – some piccies:

The seatpost bodge:

Sunshine and happy folk:

Do a skid!

Do a wheelie!

Even TJ joined in with this game (no photoshop involved!):

Cheesy sunset at top of Harbour Hill

Beer!! (camera still on sunset mode I think so a bit hazy!)

Few others here:
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.881422695301.2426047.61016805&l=67b695dcee

ojom
    Free Member

my local as well… bandits!

bigjim

not sure if I always gurn that much when I wheelie! Next time its no-feet manuals like Rab was doing…can’t be that hard…

FraserCook

Never seen the Pentlands so busy as last night! not even on a sunny weekend. Cant a man get some peace and quiet? 😉

Must be said it was an absolutely stunning evening for a ride, Although most of the riders i saw out seemed to be pretty miserable, and either grudgingly responded to my greetings as i passed, or even in some cases completely ignored me. If you see a fellow biker out in the hills, especially on such a beautiful evening, a simple hello/smile/nodd/salute etc. is only polite. Even the walkers were highly cheery last night.

13thfloormonk

Did we bump in to you at some point Fraser? What were you riding?

FraserCook

Yeti 575. I may have seen y’all. i saw some folk in the distance matching your description waiting at the gate on the path that goes down to Glencorse, i was coming down Capelaw?

FraserCook

must have been about 9.30? or there abouts, it was 10pm by the time i rode home so must have been around then.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

sounds like us – top of maidens? we watched someone come down of harbour hill

FraserCook

that was likely me.

Kit
    Free Member

Fraser, you passed me and Alasdair bodging his saddle with zip ties and gaffer tape. Hope you didn’t think we looked miserable 😉 We were part of 13thfm and TJ’s group.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

I SAID IT WAS A YETI! 😆

debaser

Thanks for the friendly offer of assistance Fraser.

I think at the time I said that if it couldn’t be fixed with gaffa tape and zip ties, then it couldn’t be fixed at all… I take that back now 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Pentlands tomorrow?’ is closed to new replies.