Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Pentlands today
  • daveb
    Free Member

Anyone else biking up the Pentlands today? I took my new Anthem out for its first ride, was great fun but the wind and hailstones were a bit mental. I got blown off the bike twice and on one climb against the wind got blown round facing towards the hill again.

I saw a few walkers getting blown off the footpaths on my way back to Harlaw, I was at a pretty steep angle against the wind trying to stay up at those points though.

Bippa
    Free Member

sounds fun :S

Garry_Lager

Was there much ice daveb? Trying to get out tomorrow am and thinking of GT or the Pentlands.

daveb
    Free Member

Quite a bit of ice, was rideable but a few sections the ice was right across the trail and the 1st sections of gorse which meant you couldnt ride round it so some careful riding required. The wind was the thing that made things pretty dangerous, if you have ridden the Pentlands in the past with ice/snow and the wind dies down a bit from what it was today you should be fine.

If its as windy tomorrow I would suggest GT as at least you are covered by the trees that way. (It was still fun today, just a bit of a different ride than normal)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Pentlands today’ is closed to new replies.