Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • pentlands today?
  • MrKmkII
    Free Member

has anyone been out? sheet ice or sludge or mud or other? about to set out tha noo…

Liftman

All of the above plus some of the paths have now turned into rivers, seriously at one point i thought we took a wrong turn and had cycled into the water of leith.

Some bits are ridable, a lot of thawing has been going on except at the bits on the path that have had compacted snow, i guess these will take a bit longer to go.

If the temp stays above freezing i reckon it should be clear for next week.

IA

Went out first thing, gave up before even getting into the hills proper, too much compacted snow/ice with rain on the top.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I was up this morning and there was a bit of everything. Some slippery ice (some of it at the bottom of standing water), some very soft snow and some muddy bits.

I found it mostly rideable, apart from some snow between Harlaw car-park and the reservoir and at the top of the Nail Trail.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

ach, i think i'm just gonna take a cycle along the coast. thanks everyone!

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

yeah, i looked out the window this morning, saw the rain and went back to bed. I think i made the right choice. 🙂

MrKmkII
    Free Member

cycling along the coast at dusk was lovely, and i didn't slip on the ice once!

stanfree
    Free Member

I was up there this morning , normally do the reservoir loop which takes between 1 1/2 to 2 hrs for me. Parked at Flotterstone got up to Loganlea pretty quickly then on the road between Loganlea to bavelaw the track was a nightmare , thick compacted slush) decided to take my chances over Green cleugh which was even worse I ended up riding through the field below. Harlaw was alright then the climb over the hill again was a push as still thick snow. The only really enjoyable part was the descent to Flotterstone which was very wet but great fun and almost made up for the rest of the day. The deep snow despite being slushy is going to take ages to totally go .

Roll on the spring.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Hope it improves by the weekend as I was intending to do most of that route on Saturday (although starting from Balerno).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘pentlands today?’ is closed to new replies.