Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Pentlands ride Thurs (20th) morning
  • Kit
    Free Member

I’m heading out into the quagmire tomorrow morning – anyone want to come along? Must supply own snorkle and flippers.

Leaving Trinity about 9am, up WOL. Route TBC etc., OK?

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Let us know what it’s like up there….if you survive

robgarrioch

Spanking that ST4 mate? White Hill’s the place for ye.. If it wasn’t for WORK I’d be along; Maidens top & bottom was all sticky & slidy on Sunday, (steady…) & everywhere kinda soft. May well have improved with a bit of drain-off though. Howden burn / glen worth descending for some mini-ravine action, resembling an open-cast mine as it does!

bigjim

Is anyone still doing the weds night rides?

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Don’t think there’s been one for about 6 weeks or so. Conditions up in the Pentlands haven’t been ideal for group rides but hopefully we can get something organised for GT\Inners soon.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Kit – I might be out in the morning – but wont know til first thing. I’ll post on here if it’s a goer.

A GT / Inners trip sounds good though!

Kit
    Free Member

Rob, sorry you have to work mate 😉

Ron – will keep an eye out. Got a guy coming over at 8:30 and will be leaving as soon as he goes.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Kit – you heading round the cycleway from trinity?

Its a bit early for me but if I am up and about I will try to join you

Kit
    Free Member

TJ – yes, joining at Victoria Park, heading for WOL in Stockbridge and onward from there.

What time, realistically, do you think you could make it? I might be prepared to wait for a bit…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Depends what time I wake up. 🙂

I’ll post and hopefully catch you on the cycleway if I am coming.

Kit
    Free Member

Alrighty, I’ll set off at 9 then. Got t’internet on me phone, so I’ll keep an eye on STW and can dawdle if you’re going to be out and catching up.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’m heading out tomorrow night, 6.45pm from the wee shop, if anybody fancies it likes. Keeping up the STW presence in the lands of Pent.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Kit – I am up and about so will meet up with you guys. I guess you are heading victoria park/ steadfastgate / cannonmills – so I will see you around steadfastgate at 9

Kit
    Free Member

TJ – where is Steadfastgate? I can meet you at the tunnel from Tesco to King George V Park if that’s where you mean.

Don’t know yet if Ron is coming, so might just be the two of us.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Steadfastgate is where the path out of victoria park meets the path along the river just after it goes under the road

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I cant make it. Looks lovely out too :(. Enjoy.

Kit
    Free Member

Ah, I know where you are – where it joins the WOL path from Leith. There’s a plaque to an old railway bridge? There at 9.

stanfree
    Free Member

TJ and Kit I’m heading up as well but will be taking my dog so It will be a fairly slow ride round the reservoirs so not to tire him (me) out . Have a good one and Ill give you a wave.

Kit
    Free Member

Well, as reported by TJ in another thread, conditions were excellent. Cold if you stopped for too long, but otherwise lovely in the sun. Frozen mud and turf made from quick riding, and clean bikes (relatively speaking!). Still ice around, so watch out if you’re riding tonight. Stunning day 🙂 Will stick some pics on TJ’s thread later.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Fantastic, good going for tonight then.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

just watch for sneaky ice patches.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Looks good in your photos TJ – lovely day for it. I was planning a quick blast tonight, but probably just up the Kirkgate/Poets and left past the farm and down to Colinton.

Steven – I wouldn’t make the shop for 6.45, and was planning a shorter ride anyway (I’ll be pedalling up from Trinity after walking home from work), but I’ll give you a wave if I see any lights bobbing around.

Nice to hear it isn’t too mushy. If only I didn’t have to wade through the inch of grit on the Roseburn path first.

stanfree
    Free Member

As Tj says watch out for the Ice , particulary If you are on the road beside Loganlea fisheries there is a 8 foot patch of black ice and also a bad one on the way down Flotterstone . I think Ill head back up at the weekend If It stays nice and frosty ..

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Pentlands ride Thurs (20th) morning’ is closed to new replies.