Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Pentlands recommendations
  • crispo
    Free Member

Hi all,

I know theres a few Edinburgh’rs loitering on here so was after some route advice for next weekend. Im coming up to Endinburgh to visit a mate who has just moved up there. He likes biking but isnt the fittest yet so were were planning on doing a couple of days worth of riding but nothing to strenuous. We are planning on riding Glentress red on Saturday so were looking for a suitable pentlands route for the sunday.

So can anyone give me some details for a 15-25km ride around?

Thanks for any help!

FraserHughes
    Free Member

YGM – or at least you will have in a minute….

thesurfbus
    Free Member

The Pentlands were in pretty bad shape last night, lots of thick claggy mud, the climb up Eastside was in the worst state I have seen.
    Might have dried out a bit by the weekend, and maybe someone can recommend a dryish route.

crispo
    Free Member

Thanks fraser! Will take a look at that one.

rthomas17
    Free Member

park at Harlaw, then red moss, bavelaw castle, the howe, past reservoirs, up maidens, back to Harlaw. Might not be that long, but all on good tracks. Bit boring on the road past the reservoirs though, but good for a novice – my 5 year managed it, although I did have to carry his bike up Maidens.
    If you want it longer, turn round and do it in reverse!

see this map…. http://www.pentlandhills.org/pentlandhills/downloads/file/3/cycling_in_the_pentland_hills_leaflet

FraserHughes
    Free Member

rthomas17 – That’s basically what I send him a gpx of only, in reverse and I suggested starting at Bonaly to extend it a wee bit. 🙂

It is one of our stand-by routes for wet nightrides!

rthomas17
    Free Member

Fraser – yeah it’s a good one for the wet. And now I know what YGM means!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Pentlands recommendations’ is closed to new replies.