Viewing 32 posts - 81 through 112 (of 112 total)
  • Pentland Wednesdays mega thread
  • ojom
    Free Member

Road punishment lined up for me again. Had a brutal time at the show last week and need to teach myself a lesson. Turns out the sleep deprivation we had with the wee one wasnt sufficient training for 4 nights and 5 days hard drinking and ‘showing’

Lazymike
    Free Member

I’m going to cry off based on the BBC weather forecast. Don’t fancy being up there in 40 mph winds (assuming forecast is correct).

myopic
    Free Member

Well…. that was a bit wet! Also quite windy – but surprisingly mild 🙂

jimmy

Good on you! Maybe next week…

himupstairs

aye, good effort. it’s pretty grim out there.
    did you venture onto the tops or stay low?

myopic
    Free Member

Mostly low, but was up top of Exponential, Maidens and the saddle between Capelaw and Allermuir. Windiest part was going round the side of Capelaw.

tjagain

Next week I’m not working!

myopic
    Free Member

Anybody up for Pentlands tomorrow evening? I’m in, barring unforeseen work developments!

jimmy

On ill child caring duties, I’m afraid….

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Other half is away with work so I’m at home with the kids. Same next week.

myopic
    Free Member

Ah well, I’ll head out early then since it’s a nice night and I’ve given up with work for the day. Hope the child illness is minor, Jimmy, and non-contagious!

jimmy

Nice evening indeed. She has Hand, Foot and Mouth disease which sounds way worse than the rash it amounts to!

bigjim

Is it on her head, shoulders knees and toes, knees and toes?

I have retrospective should have ridden the Pentlands ridgeline syndrome, why the hell did I move to peebles… cracking evening

myopic
    Free Member

Aw, that’s a shame, Jimmy. Hope she gets over it soon

tjagain

Anyone out tomorrow?

myopic
    Free Member

I’m a highly probable for tomorrow 🙂

myopic
    Free Member

Bumping myself up to definite. Bonaly shop at 18.30. Anyone else?

13thfloormonk

Pentlands are where it’s at now thanks to Danny Macaskill, it’ll be knee deep on the trails!

Visited hospital yesterday, my wrist has been downgraded from possible fracture to just lots of tendon damage. Pretty much still two months off though, back to the spin classes I guess!

jimmy

I’m on (healthy) childcare duties again this evening!

myopic
    Free Member

13thfloormonk – Member 
    Pentlands are where it’s at now thanks to Danny Macaskill, it’ll be knee deep on the trails!

You’re not joking Ian, It was hoaching up there last night! Sadly no-one around when I passed the old cottage at the bottom end of Loganlea, so had to forego my planned attempt at a front flip off the roof.

There was one big group (10-12 riders) at Harlaw who looked to be setting off at about 19.00. Anyone know who they were, or if that’s a regular thing?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Anybody want to do something tomorrow night? I can finish fairly early so could be talked into heading down to Glentress. Or I could lead a ride in the woods of Midlothian.

myopic
    Free Member

Sorry Steven, I’m normally up for riding Wednesday evenings, but giving blood after work today.

jimmy

Out for birthday tea tonight, so not for me sorry.

lightman
    Free Member

I was up earlier, very cold & muddy, but very picturesque –

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Pretty picture. Didn’t make it out tonight but weather looks good for tomorrow.

myopic
    Free Member

Looks chilly, Lightman. Where was the picture taken from?

myopic
    Free Member

Now I’ve had a look at it on a bigger screen I’m guessing south side of Hare Hill looking south?

lightman
    Free Member

Well done 🙂

Right here – http://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/55°50’36.0″N+3°18’46.7″W/@55.84334,-3.3151727,537m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d55.84334!4d-3.312984

(Stupid url link wont work ^)

While it was around -1c, there was no wind, so it was actually quite nice, or it would’ve been if my feet weren’t soaking and freezing!

scotroutes

https://goo.gl/FYex6e – should work (Nice photo)

AlasdairMc

Is there still any snow up there? I went up on Tuesday morning en route to work just in case it turns into a mild winter:

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Mud on a bed of mud and with a side of mud last night. Might be frosty at the moment.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Anybody up for something this Wednesday? I’d be up for a trip to Glentress for a change from the Pentlands mud fest.

Viewing 32 posts - 81 through 112 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘Pentland Wednesdays mega thread’ is closed to new replies.