Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Penmacho or Coed y Brenin?
  • mikezer0
    Free Member

Evening all, I’m of to that Wales at the weekend… So which trail to do on Saturday, Penmacho (Sp?) or Coed Y Brenin?

wallop

I prefer Penmachno, but it depends what you like. Only loop one, mind.

Northwind

Done them before? I’d do the Beast personally, Penmachno’s really nice but the Beast’s the better ride IMO.

OTOH, this’ll be a great time to witness Penmachno’s remarkable undrainage system 🙂 Something very very weird about that place, we rode it on a dry afternoon, everything was dusty apart from the trails, half of which were underwater.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

CYB definitely. I wasn’t very impressed by Penmachno. The first loop was good but I wasnt’t keen on the 2nd loop.

mulv1976
    Free Member

Beast @ CYB every time

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Neither – http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/the-marin-trail-1

Penmachno holds the water.
    CYB will be packed

creamegg
    Free Member

Penmachno’s ok and has some cracking sections but given the choice id go for the beast at coed y brenin. More fun descents for the amount of climbing

creamegg
    Free Member

Even though the car park at CyB is always packed the number and length of trails spread the riders out and its never felt busy out on the trail in my experience (not including the first few km from the centre)

b45her
    Free Member

i’d do CyB too, penmachno is alright but as has been mentioned there is a lack of decent DH sections as reward for all the climbing. oh and you’ll need your waterproof shoes at Pen.

el_boufador

beast at coedy – rode it for the first time in the spring and I was very, very impressed

el_boufador

then do the short but hard loop think it is called tarw (or temtir or something). Worth it for the ‘dreamtime’ section alone

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Penmacho or Coed y Brenin?’ is closed to new replies.