Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Penmachno
  • TeamAldi
    Free Member

Riding Penmachno tomorrow; what’s it like?

Oggles
    Free Member

Condition wise or trails? Was there yesterday for the first time and I thought it was great. There are some really really good flowing sections where you can just forget about braking. Middle bit that goes across is a bit rocky and tedious. The last singletrack section is awesome. Plus all the usual ‘when will it end’ fireroad climbs.

There was lots of standing water in places as it had rained Saturday.

TeamAldi
    Free Member

Thanks for update in both respects; sounds like it will be good, despite the fireroad climbs. I’ll wear sealskinz for puddles.

catshoe
    Free Member

Take a coat – it gets cold. Well worth it though

carlos
    Free Member

Without stating the obvious, you’ll either love it or hate it. Me I love it, not been for ages though. The last bit of single track just goes on and on.
    The cafe as you turn off the main road to Penmachno (can’t remember what it’s called) is great for after ride scran and a hot brew.

Carl

whytetrash

Long&fun in an old skool xc type way ….lots of fire road climbs (its Wales!) but a fair amount of singletrack climbing too.

Watch out for a few big holes you can drop a front wheel into and the last descent has some slippery slabs of slate…don’t brake!

I ride it lots and love it

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Penmachno’ is closed to new replies.