Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Penmachno conditions ?
  • hughjengin
    Free Member

Looking for a venue for tomorrows ride, and have always enjoyed Pen, but a couple of our riding group rode there about 3 or 4 weeks ago and said it was so overgrown that it was borderline unrideable in places and certainly not a great deal of fun for that reason. Such a shame if Penmachno becomes extinct because in many ways it’s a great (if not a little soggy) trail. Anyone ridden there in the last couple of weeks or last few days that can report if it’s still a struggle ?

iolo
    Free Member

Wet,Wet,Wet.
    When it’s dry it’s wet.
    It’s raining in North Wales now so wet.
    I have no idea about plants but would imagine after the influx of summer riders it shouldn’t be too bad.

SOAP
    Free Member

Both loops were dry on Monday with no rain all week.
    Loop 2 was a little overgrown but OK

hughjengin
    Free Member

Brilliant SOAP that video tells me everything I need to know. thanks, looks as clear as I am used to. By the way, I know that section well, and you rode that pretty damn quick. 🙂 nice work

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Rode both loops as a big loop Thursday morning. Very nice old Skule xc trail very high proportion of singletrack Loop2 has an even narrower profile than loop 1 and there was the odd bramble hanging over the trail to catch the unwary. My 760mm bars fitted through the bushes ok.

Scapegoat

Loop 2 has some rampant brambles, but so many folk read on forums that it’s not worth riding because it’s overgrown, that it gets more overgrown.

Queen Boudicea had knives on her chariot wheels. Perhaps some sort of machete attachment could be found/developed? 29er specific, obviously.

SOAP
    Free Member

ta.. That was the first time we had been there and loved it 🙂 as buzz said its got an old school feel smooth without being sanitised.
    (four foot wide FOD style)

JohnClimber
    Free Member

It will be wet and over grown after the recent sun and rain.

If you want your under carriage to stay dry head to The Marin Trail

lucien

My impression was that its a bit grey

hughjengin
    Free Member

It certainly was cleared since the last report. It was very very wet, but rideable in terms of overgrowth.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Penmachno conditions ?’ is closed to new replies.