Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • peebles accomodation
  • timthetinyhorse

having my stag doo up in peebles mid june but having issues finding suitable accomodation, so far iv only managed to find the glentress wigwams which are ideal for all day riding and rolling back to accomodation before heading for a few beers but i would rather stay in peebles……….we used to stay in a place called cross keys hotel that had bunk rooms but it appears to be closed so does anyone have any reccomendations or is the wigwam idea the best??

cheers

rob

novaswift
    Free Member

The Cross Keys is re-opening as a Weatherspoons. Think the wigwams are problably the best bet for a riotous stag do!At least you’ll only be disturbing the sheep and they may come in handy!! Cant think of anywhere in Peebles that does cheap bunks. Various houses are for let in Innerleithen but I cant imagine they’d be too keen on stag do’s

rugbydick

We stayed in the wigwams for a stag last summer. Everyone had a great time.
    Get a slab of beers to get “rehydrated” straight from riding before heading off to the bright lights of Peebles. If you’re feeling brave, you could even head to Galashiels…

RocketTom
    Free Member

Home

It’s not in Peebles but it is a bunkhouse, a bike friendly one at that

Mantastic
    Free Member

Double check it’s not the Beltane weekend, if it is you will be waiting ages in any of the pubs to get served. It’s total chaos in the pubs and having had to experience it on a number of occasions you are better stayin in with some cans

Green Tree Hotel? Tontine? The Country Hotel, The Park Hotel?

ivnickkate
    Free Member

Hi ttth,

When are you coming up in June,
    Because the Beltane festival is on 17th – 23rd June, it can be a bit hard to get somewhere to stay. How many people are coming?
    http://www.peeblesbeltanefestival.co.uk/

p.s. Peebles can be completely mental in the pubs that week.
    For more routes check this link nearer the time

Home

Mantastic
    Free Member

Just checked dates the main Beltane night is Sat 23rd

Northwind

Peebles Beltane is demented tbh.

You could always head down the road to Innerleithen, loads of good bike friendly accomodation (I’m assuming there’s bikes involved)

timthetinyhorse

Sorted, got 3 wigwams at glentress for the weekend i wanted so its job done………

tried the other reccomended accomodation but all either full or too small

jedi

the crown

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘peebles accomodation’ is closed to new replies.