Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • PedalCover Home Insurance
  • Andy

Following this as my PedalCare insurance due for renewal in Feb

impatientbull

After some more digging, Laka and Yellow Jersey look like the best alternatives. Both are bike only. Yellow Jersey is more expensive but offers more extras. I’m probably going to go with Laka for the bikes and pick up home insurance separately from my bank.

rone

I renewed. Don’t seem many comprehensive alternatives.

I’ve ditched the stupid excess cover though. Never really liked that.

boblo
    Free Member

Oh, thaaaat recent change…. My policy is 10 years. Presumably to change to 5 on renewal – which is unlikely to happen with this new condition.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

To lose 50% on a bike because it’s frame is 5 years old but the components could be much newer sounds a bit naff.

Suppose it is possibly more of an issue for mountain bikes where you could buy a new suspension fork and automatically lose a large chunk of its value if it got nicked.

Would have hoped they should at least make the date from date of purchase in the shop. It could have been manufactured a year or more before you bought it for old stock.

wheelie

Components under five years old are new for old so keep receipts!

timmys

I quite like the ‘extra policy to cover the excess’ thing as you can use it for any insurance excess you are subject to eg. if you were clobbered with a £1000 excess charge on a hire car. You need to be aware you can only claim once a year on it though I believe.

chakaping
    Free Member

That’s good news, always keep my receipts.

🙂

nedrapier

25% increase for me, after 5 years with them, erosion of cover, and no claims.

Not that impressed.

ajaj
    Free Member

Who told you that? Good if correct, but it doesn’t say so anywhere in the policy.

wheelie

I was told by Rebecca of PC. Secondhand bikes over a certain age were valued at “market value”.

wheelie

Always best to ring them!

nickjb
    Free Member

Not if you want it in writing

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘PedalCover Home Insurance’ is closed to new replies.