Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Pedal Washers for Race Face cranks?
  • amplebrew

Does anyone know if Race Face recommend fitting pedal washers on their cranks, particulary the Atlas range?

I’ve tried to get onto their website to have a look, but it doesn’t seem to be working.

coatesy
    Free Member

All RF equipped bikes we sell come with them, I guess that counts as recommended.

amplebrew

coatesy – Member
    All RF equipped bikes we sell come with them, I guess that counts as recommended.

Cool, thanks for the info 8)

Just to confirm, are they metal or plastic?

coatesy
    Free Member

metal.

amplebrew

Thank you 🙂

toys19
    Free Member

uk bikestore sell replacement ones.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

They’re not required.
    We used to supply them as standard because we did powder coat finish crank arms and the washers prevented the paint from cracking when tightening the pedals in but on ano finish cranks they’re not needed.
    I’m pretty sure the Atlas cranks don’t even come with them.

alanf
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of turbines from about 2001 and a set of Atlas AM and neither came with pedal washers from new. I’ve not used them on either set and they’ve been fine.

amplebrew

richiethesilverfish – Member
    They’re not required.
    We used to supply them as standard because we did powder coat finish crank arms and the washers prevented the paint from cracking when tightening the pedals in but on ano finish cranks they’re not needed.
    I’m pretty sure the Atlas cranks don’t even come with them.

alanf – Member
    I’ve got a set of turbines from about 2001 and a set of Atlas AM and neither came with pedal washers from new. I’ve not used them on either set and they’ve been fine.

That’s spot on 8)

Thanks as well for everyone that’s responded, I really appreciate the help and advice.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Pedal Washers for Race Face cranks?’ is closed to new replies.