Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Pedal reassembly advice…
  • binman

Having swapped my steel axles for some titanium ones (on offer) I has halfway through a ride when the pedal body shot off, ride over. New nylon bush and bearings fitted, followed instructions (5NM etc) all good. 2 rides later same thing happens…..

Do I use threadlock this time ?

Will that sort it out or do I relegate them to spares or go back to the original axles ?

Should say I have never had this problem with Nukeproof Horizons….

TIA

tjagain

What pedals?

Any I have taken apart have some form of locking on the axle nut either a lock washer where yo bend a tab over or a nylock or a double nut.

binman

Superstar Nano Evo.

Just a single nut holding the axle on and another end cap to tension the bearing…

binman

I think that the spindle has scored the inside of the pedal body as I kept putting it back on to jet back to the car.

Should I use wet & dry paper to smooth it out or try and find a drill bit to fit and try re-drilling ?

Cheers

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve never used threadlock on mine, but I have noticed it can be hard to get the end nut to engage on the axle thread when re-assembling.

I suspect you have somehow managed to not do so, while thinking you have nipped it up properly?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Pedal reassembly advice…’ is closed to new replies.