Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Peckett Well Descent
  • tomj
    Free Member

Sorry for another West Yorkshire trail question. Looking at the OS map there appears to be two bridleways from Peckett Well to the Hardcastle – Hebden Road. One stays on the left side (as you’re descending) of the stream and comes out by the old (?clog?) mill. The other crosses to the other side of the stream and comes outs nearer the NT car park. Looking at route descriptions and guides it’s unclear which one they’re referring to.

How do they compare and which one should I take? Don’t say both – I’m not climbing back up!!

Thanks again.

riklegge

The right option. Pecket B.

wl
    Free Member

They’re both good. B is wider and twistier but slightly more likely to have walkers.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tomj
    Free Member

Thanks – I took the right hand option today and really enjoyed it. A bit outside my comfort zone, and I walked one short section (rocky chute) but I’ll be back again. I suspect it’s one that needs a bit of speed, and I was too cautious

Or maybe try the left option next time?

nickc

Both are fun, speed not necessary, commitment is though

StuE
    Free Member

Left option more technical imho

hodgynd
    Free Member

I fell off my bike on that descent into some dog shit ..none of my mates would ride alongside me after that ..although I visited some public loos and managed to clean up the worst the smell lingered all day ..
    We were visiting a lad from a previous forum ( where forum rides were well attended ) ..
    Are you still out there Kirky ?

dienamic

If you walked part of B, don’t bother with A 😃

posiwev
    Free Member

At around 11 minutes in is option B I believe – part of a 70 mile run on good Friday

kelvin

You can stop for dog walkers you know, rather than have them run around in a panic catching their pooches. Be nice, say hi.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Peckett Well Descent’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts