• This topic has 49 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Zone.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Peaty !
  • Smee
    Free Member

According to the UCI they had to ride back up too. 2.4km circuit indeed…

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Since Sierra Nevada in 2000, Steve Peat has had to settle for silver four times. Just one year ago, in Val di Sole, he was beaten by fellow Australian Gee Atherton…..

Well Yorkshire is sort of like Australia.

mudhound
    Free Member

Well done Peaty

Coverage and warner great and the lucky coin,

Brilliant rocky section runs and V10s beat all the new lighter bikes

Fantastic!

stumpyjumper
    Free Member

watched last night and i was still biting my fingers and screaming even though i knew he had won.

Peaty has been an inspiration to me since the days when i had cantilevers. after meeting the guy at the weekender he truly is a fantastic ambassador for our sport. friendly, down to earth, brilliant.
    no one on the circuit deserves it more than him. good work on the george cross too. and lets not forget he is 35!!!! il keep on going until he does thats for sure.

grumm
    Free Member

I had exactly the same problem, I watched up to the last 6 riders and my connection dropped off. Can't face watching the full 2 hours so will wait for the hi-lights

You can skip through with the slider thingy – go to about an hour and half through or so.

btbb
    Free Member

I've never got the slider to work at home, but I knew there were good reasons for an £8k line at work. Amazing result it's a shame there isn't more/some recognition on tv/radio.

grumm
    Free Member

It was reported on BBC News 24. No footage of the race though.

In the interview with Rob Warner he told Peaty it was mentioned on Radio 1, but I'm not sure if it was on their news or whatever.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

People cried that peaty won the champs?

Really?

Blimey. Well done to the chap though, bet he's reet chuffed.

ruminant
    Free Member

Check out the daily mirror

page 54, bottom left hand corner

'mountain biking reported in sports section of national paper shocker'

Congrats to the guy, top bloke, northerner, doesn't get much better does it

Zone
    Free Member

Yep.. cried like i'd won the LOTTO… laughed a lot too! Tears of joy!

Right bloke, right result… Great bloke , great result!

I was just was overwhelmed with pride…. It obviously means a lot more to some people…than others… I've been in this mountain bike game a long long time… play and work… what can I say.. it touched a nerve.

I could feel his relief and happiness…. 😀

Zone

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Peaty !’ is closed to new replies.