• This topic has 49 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Zone.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Peaty !
  • the_lecht_rocks

give it up for the big fella here.
    hopefully STW will onpass our kindest heartfelt regards to someone who just reeks of mountain bike 😀
    brilliant stuff Steve – BBC SPOTY ? 😆

SeanOrange
    Free Member

Legend!

neil853
    Free Member

just watched the 2hr footage on freecaster, tears in my eyes and everything! watched steve race, sometimes i've been lucky enough to see him race in person, since 1993. just awesome to see him get that final piece of history.

best rider ever? he is for me

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    emac65
    Free Member

Yep well to done to Peaty…
    But also top marks to Warner for the best commentary I've ever heard,felt like I was there with him & he was funny as hell too 😆

TheDoog
    Free Member

Said it earlier, a man without equal now. True legend.

Stiggy

Yup, it was great and Warner was funny!

bigsi
    Free Member

That result was so richly deserved. 😛

I had tears in my eyes watching his run.

A true British Sporting Hero and ambassador for the sport.

backhander
    Free Member

Agree with all, tears the lot.
    35! there's hope for us all!
    I have a really warm fuzzy feeling like you get when the right thing happens to the right person.
    I was touched by RW leaving the studio to see his friend. His emotions got the better of him and the language made me laugh my head off.

SeanOrange
    Free Member

We all know he deserves "BBC Sportsman of the Year" award but I guess it'll go to some over paid mainstream muppet 🙄

kimbers

will he make it onto news at 10?

peachos
    Free Member

if you read this Peaty congrats mate – you were on fire today. and thanks for being the inspiration when i took up riding many years ago until today when i just wanted to pick my bike up and rag it around the hills.

like no other.

kimbers

nope 🙁

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Yep, proper wet eyes with Warner shouting,"He's done it! He's done it!" The king has been crowned 🙂

RichPenny
    Free Member

Just watched the footage, really enjoyed Rob Warner completely losing it. So glad that Peaty can relax now knowing he's done it all.

tails
    Free Member

So glad that Peaty can relax now knowing he's done it all.

thats what i'm worried about peaty retiring, the sport needs peaty and i reckon he could go on winning till his 40's still i'm confident he won't retire, besides still world cup round left to go. Also good results for hannah, nice return from rennie, very impressed with graves in the downhill didn't know he was that good at downhill and lopes top 20

grahamt1980

only just found out, been at cwmcarn all day.
    Totally chuffed for him, its about time he got it.

Warner is class too

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

and lopes top 20

Yeah, that was pretty amazing; he was well pleased for Peaty too by the sounds of it 🙂

coogan
    Free Member

Glad for the big fella, but tears? Really?

finners

can you watch a repeat on freecaster?

naokfreek
    Free Member

yeh

naokfreek
    Free Member

maybe

Si
    Free Member

If you check out some of the other interviews then I think theres still a good couple of years in him. I reckon he might have a new target after this season of 20 World Cup wins…He has mentionned one other target but never let onto what it was.

Steve aint the sort of guy that will just retire now that hes got the illusive Worlds, you can bet he will want to defend it, the guy just lives for that race run and with Sheffield Hallam supporting his training I wouldn't put it past him getting better. Come next year he will be more motivated than ever and with the worlds at Mont St Anne 2010 thats a good track for him too…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I reckon Peat and Minaar chose the right tyres (shaved-down High Rollers) 😉

The man is a star. He is Mr Mountain Biking.

grumm
    Free Member

Anyone notice how he held up an English flag not a British one after he won? 😈

montylikesbeer

Hats off

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

flag – I noticed.

Hmmmmm, cheeky.

willej

Agree with you all. He is a true hero, well he's one of mine anyway.
    I thought Fabian Barel, Greg Minaar and Brian Lopes had stunning rides as well.
    I thought the best bit of Warner's commentary (on Freecaster) was when he shouted "Pedal! Fu#*ing pedal!" at the end of Peaty's run. Scott Beaumont's commentary was really good too.

grahamt1980

not surprised he had an english flag, look what is painted on the top of his helmet

SeanOrange
    Free Member

Interview with Warner saying that he had his kids names on each glove & that he can go home and tell them that "Daddy is world champ!". True gent & truly awesome 😀

neil853
    Free Member

why is it cheeky he held up the english flag? he's english. no one says a word when andy murray holds up the scotish flag? I think in the modern pc world people are too afraid to patriotic, i'm proud to be english. and thats not to say that i'm xenophobic, just proud of where i'm from, just as peaty is

Smee
    Free Member

He's English, why shouldn't he hold up an English flag.

trailmonkey

Anyone notice how he held up an English flag not a British one after he won

Good for him, he's English.

Zone
    Free Member

I've got issues… long time mountain biking… and so every time i watch the footage…I cry, I laugh, I cry, I laugh…

It's almost like I did it as well… 😳

Brilliance… total brilliance! 😀

Campaign for national recognition starts here! 😀

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I feel a bit emotional reading that you lot got a bit emotional, STILL not had time to watch the entire replay yet!

Surfr
    Free Member

As a Welshman I fully support Peaty's waving of a St George cross.

BoardinBob

They mentioned his success in the Metro today. However they did say his winning time was 2 hours, 33 minutes and 30 seconds!

That's a hell of a descent!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

is there any other source for the video than Freecaster? Their crappy player doesn't continue to buffer whilst it is paused and doesn't cache previously played material so it is un-watchable on my connection 🙁

btbb
    Free Member

I had exactly the same problem, I watched up to the last 6 riders and my connection dropped off. Can't face watching the full 2 hours so will wait for the hi-lights

ahwiles
    Free Member

er…

what?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Peaty !’ is closed to new replies.