Pearl Izumi Softshell, DT Swiss Wheels, Schwalbe Tyre, Deore Cassette, Handlebar

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale Pearl Izumi Softshell, DT Swiss Wheels, Schwalbe Tyre, Deore Cassette, Handlebar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Pearl Izumi Softshell, DT Swiss Wheels, Schwalbe Tyre, Deore Cassette, Handlebar
  • Premier Icon curiousyellow
    Subscriber

Have some good kit that needs to go. Have had good experiences selling from here in the past so posting them up. Please feel free to e-mail with any questions.

Deore 10 speed HG62 11-36 Cassette
    Schwalbe Rocket Ron 2.25 inch tyre, Pacestar Compound
    DT Swiss X1700 Cross Country wheel set. 15mm QR front, 10mm QR 135mm rear.

Lightweight at 980g for the rear and 775g for the front. Superstar tubeless rim tape fitted, but never went through with conversion to tubeless.
    Used for less than 12 rides. In great condition and trued by LBS before being put away. Great wheels for XC, but second bike more suited to that type of riding means these are not seeing any use. They’re too good to sit in a wheelbag so I’m selling these.

10 speed Shimano Deore 11-36 (HG62) cassette and Schwalbe Rocket Ron 2.25 inch tyre fitted. Cassette came with the wheels and is also in pretty much mint condition. Fast rolling, but still grips well in corners due to the lovely, soft Pacestar compound. Tyre is only 3 rides old and in mint condition. The little rubber antennae are still on it.

£125 for the entire bundle. Would prefer to sell as complete wheelset.

Pearl Izumi Elite Softshell. Black and red. Size Medium.

Used for one season, and sparingly at that as it was like my Sunday Best. I love this soft-shell. However, the accursed girlfriend bought me another Pearl Izumi soft-shell as a present, albeit from the lower end Select range in size small which fits me much better. Therefore, this does not see the wear it should and needs a good home.

This is a far superior product to the Select equivalent in every department.

– Better quality zips with drawcords for easy gripping and unzipping even with winter gloved hands.
    – Zipped rear compartment which is divided into 3 to keep your kit safe from the weather and extra ventilation should your require it.
    – A baffled front zipper for extra protection from the elements. Beard guard at the top.
    – A Napoleon pocket for when you need to cool off.
    – Fleecy lining where you need it the most.

This jersey is simply the best weather garment I’ve owned. Warm without being too warm and breathable without letting the chill in. It has had the care it deserves and has only ever been washed in Nik Wax Tech Wash and Soft Shell Proof for good measure. I’ve never become soaked in it, despite the British weather and I’ve only ever been toasty without being roasty. Cool enough to wear with just a base layer on those cool days and great to layer over jersey and base layer on those cold, sub-zero days. I cannot say enough good things about it. This jacket is a “true” medium, so would fit someone with a 37-39 inch chest best. I wore it with a smaller chest size and it was fine, but slightly too big for me. It has a very faint grease stain on the underside of one of the sleeves which I’ve tried to capture in the last photo. This has never bothered me and truth be told, I had to hunt pretty hard to find it. I’ve not had a go with a strong detergent to get it out. Pretty sure you could get it out if you wanted to.

£55

On-one flat bar. 605mm.

Has a few degrees of backsweep should you need it. Has scratch marks as shown in the image where lock on grips were cack-handedly removed by the missus when she didn’t see the bolt for the second collar. These cannot be seen once grips are on and are superficial at worst.

£7.50

The other stuff

– Payment via Paypal, bank transfer or personal cheque accepted.
    – Please use mailtocuriousyellow at gmail dot com for the quickest response and to arrange payment. Please bear in mind that the address given here is NOT my Paypal address.
    – All prices include postage.
    – I prefer to use Royal Mail, but may swap to an alternate courier. I will notify you if I do.
    – Collection from West London also welcome. Please pick up within a week of payment clearing if sold to you.

matther01

YGM re wheels

havinalaff

What’s the sleeve length like on the shell? I’m pretty lanky.

Premier Icon curiousyellow
    Subscriber

@havinalaff

I have a +ve ape index (arms wider than I am tall) and I am fine with the length. It’s cycling specific with lovely articulated sleeves too, so I’d very much doubt you’d not fit into it.

Understand if jackets have come up short before. I’ll measure the length once I’m home and let you know.

@matther01
    Have replied to your e-mail.

Subscriber

56cm from pit to lowest point to wrist. 71cm from shoulder to highest point where hand wxits.

As I said. I’d be really surprised if your arms are too long for this. Material’s pretty stretchy too.

Subscriber

Bars still remain, and have an On-One seatpost to add to the collection too if anyone requires it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pearl Izumi Softshell, DT Swiss Wheels, Schwalbe Tyre, Deore Cassette, Handlebar’ is closed to new replies.