Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Peaks today who was there?
  • hora
    Free Member

ourkidsam was comedy gold with that group of girls at the bottom 😀

snowslave

Gun metal Orange 5 with White forks, I was wearing a black ardbeg top. There was a big crowd of riders just setting off towards derwent as I reached the cairn at the top probably about 2pm ish. Other than that my timing was brilliant. Saw only a handful of other walkers and bikers, got back to the car just before it started chucking it down.

hora
    Free Member

We missed you- you probably took the right fork when we were climbing up the left.

nbt

chameleon78 – Member

how do I get to cut gate? Is it near Ladybower?
    Not sure I've ever ridden it, used to ride the figure of eight loop from fairholmes a few years back now 40+ miles.

Cut Gate goes from the north end of Ladybower up to Langsett. You either ride it as an out and back track or turn it into a monster ride as there's no easy (legal) way back

ourkidsam
    Free Member

What?! I was trying not to stare!

Tracey – I was on the small blue 456 in hora's group. Nice to meet you. Maybe next time we start/end at Langsett and get stuck in to those pies lads!

hora
    Free Member

I'm up for that.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

simon1975 – Member

I hope Kieron and buddy enjoyed the ride UP the moor from Langsett – do it the other way next time

Simon to go down to langsett you must come from the ladybower side – kieran lives on the langsett side so goes over to ladybower and then finishes going towards langsett

Tracey

Pies were scrummy. They do them every 2nd and 4th Sunday in the month, we had the meat and potato ones

Did you find the alternative trail back

Tracey

Kieron
    Free Member

simon1975 – Member

I hope Kieron and buddy enjoyed the ride UP the moor from Langsett – do it the other way next time[quote] GeeWavetree – Member

Simon to go down to langsett you must come from the ladybower side – kieran lives on the langsett side so goes over to ladybower and then finishes going towards langsett [/quote]

Yup, we saved the best till last, don't worry about that :). Hit it just right too as it was a clear run so we could really go for it. Such a fun decent, love it.

hora
    Free Member

We did but we avoided going into the tiny entrance through the woods as there were a few people coming through.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

There were 7 of us up around Cut Gate etc on Saturday. Did Langsett, over Cut Gate, around Derwent Water, Whinstone Lee Tor, Cut Throat Bridge, back to Ladybower, stop at the cafe (along with the contents of Manchester and Sheffield), then back up and over Cut Gate. 30 miles, brutal amounts of climbing but most importantly, almost non stop laughing and some excellent descents. Everywhere was totally rammed though – never seen that many people out riding even at trail centres!

Glad you go back before it rained Steve! 2 minutes after I left that message on FB, the sun came out!

Kieron
    Free Member

Sounds a good un Davey,

We did Langsett, Cut Gate, around Derwent Water, Whinstone Lee Tor, Down the cheeky Steep downhill with the Telegraph pole at the bottom. Up screaming mile, Down Hagg farm, Up Potato Ally, down beast, up Hagg Farm, Lockerbrook Decent, back over Cut Gate.

Any of you guys see MBR doing a photo shoot at the Top of Slippery stones Saturday?.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Is that who it was? We saw them going backwards and forwards sprinting up the hill towards the camera. Is that what constitutes an MBR ride then?

Dave
    Free Member

Don't confuse a ride with a photoshoot of a ride, two very different things.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Crikey, their rides must take longer than the people on here who leave video cameras on the floor, ride past them and then walk back to get them etc…

hora
    Free Member

Don't confuse a ride with a photoshoot of a ride, two very different things.

Agree. If it was a MBUK shoot you'd hear hollering of 'stoked man', 'loud whoopin', 'fly', 'this is rippering dude' reverberating around the valley..

Kieron
    Free Member

Yeah, my mate got talking to one of them while I was fixing a puncture, and he said something like "we're doing a photoshoot for MBR, why else do you think I'm dressed like a clown" lol.

will
    Free Member

hora – Member
    ourkidsam was comedy gold with that group of girls at the bottom

😆 That was textbook! The random look around after made it even better!

Great ride + Great weather!

A few snaps as well:

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Hora – What's with the Ali G glasses?

will
    Free Member

Makes him go faster.

thepodge
    Free Member

will – Makes him go faster.

really? he must be well slow then. I don't even remember that last photo, it kinda looks like you are behind us but i cant ever imagine that happened for the whole 26 mile

Blower
    Free Member

nice ride that keiran,how many miles you clock up?

Kieron
    Free Member

Not sure mate, think it's 30ish or the back end of 20 at tleast.

t-p26
    Free Member

We were in the Peaks on Saturday and Sunday, no idea where we went apart from a place called Cavedale, whats that all about,walkers allowed up a downhill descent?
    We rocked by the way 😉 Every one of us 😀

hora
    Free Member

Adidas Evil Eye with prescription lens insert. Horrid (special-looking) things.

ourkidsam looks like hes in a catalogue shoot!

Blower
    Free Member

Keiran think its more than 30 miles misen!

stevemakin

A group of friends gathered this last weekend for our annual peaks get together, I think the trails were in the best condition I've seen for ten years or more, and the weather was fantastic until about two o'clock on Sunday, I reckon it was us who Blower saw, we had an IF, a Maverick, a Spot and a chick on a Cotic amongst us

🙂

some pics here

Blower
    Free Member

it may ave been you steve,on the saturday yes?

stevemakin

yup, that was us 🙂

Blower
    Free Member

ahha! yeah seen ya at the edale caf you was pulling up as we were leaving,fair few of you out by the looks,one of yer lot commenting on my blue pig methinks

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Peaks today who was there?’ is closed to new replies.