Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • Peaks today who was there?
  • Blower
    Free Member

Never seen so many riders in the peaks today,loads of big groups too,
    anyone off here there today?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

A few Bog Trotters round Hayfield 🙂

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

blower did i see you and kieran ( i think) on cutgate – i was going down to north american and you were coming up – stopped for me on a little step down?

vdubber67
    Free Member

Yep – I was there, trying to tempt people down cheeky trails! 😉

Kieron
    Free Member

I was on Cut Gate, but not with Blower. I was on a black Hecklar, my mate was on a 5.

But yeah, loads of folk out 🙂

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

in a mleh top? we stopped for you and your mate when you were climbing up from north america (ish)

rockitman

Yeah, Manchester Mountainbikers were out in force for Fluffs Birthday ride – 26 of us in total

Si
    Free Member

I wasn't… Was watchin the Plymouth Urban Downhill. Good little race / scene

Kieron
    Free Member

Yeah, that was us Gee. Good to meet you 🙂

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

Was a top day kieran – the down into langsett with the wind behind us was ace – pity i had to be home by 12:30 had my riding legs on today!

Kieron
    Free Member

Good to hear it. Was a proper top day all round, all the decents where in perfect nick. Best ride this year for me, despite 3 pinch punctures 🙂

amodicumofgnar

Not hoping to catch up with Julia Bradbury at the ramblers thing were you SFB? She was on some cooking program this morning.

Heard hope valley area was ram'd. I didnt get going until 3pm – realy quiet. 6 riders in 3 hours – 2 twos on chinley churn / new alotments, then had middle moor to myself, 1 on matley moor, 1 on set valley trail. Had mount famine to myself for second ride in a row.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Not hoping to catch up with Julia Bradbury at the ramblers thing were you SFB?

she is lovely but not on a biking day like this 🙂

Shorty121
    Free Member

I was up round hope today with a green 5 🙂

Andy-W
    Free Member

How wet was cut gate cut gate cut gate ???

Kieron
    Free Member

99.9% dry Andy

Drac

Group of friends were there this weekend I has the chance to but family things to do.

thefallguy
    Free Member

Myself and a couple of mates rode yesterday saw quite a few riders out but we stayed away from fairhomes so didn't seem that busy. Was just a stunning day, dry fast trails you forget over the winter just what its like!

I was shattered when I got home, but then we did 52 hard miles. Rode to Doncaster station 4 miles then train to Hathersage, route went like this… up Shatton Moor, drop into Bradwell, up Pindale, down Cavedale, broken road to Mam Tor, Hollins Cross down to Edale, Jaggers Clough to Hope Cross down the Beast, along side of Ladybower to permissive path back up Win Hill, down Hope Brink to Dam across dam and climb up to Stanage Edge, down Stanage Plantation, Lady Cannings Plantation to Ringinglow then drop down back into Sheffield along the BW to Hunters Bar, bit of urban back to Station then train back to Doncaster & 4 mile warm down home, epic day.

Blower
    Free Member

Rockitman, did you pull up at the edale cafe?big group spot and Indy fab and a lass on a orange cotic…
    I was riding orange blue pig

Keiran, I was around hope and edale so won't have seen ya..
    The fall guy nice big ride you did there,we did just over 30miles yesterday.,,

numplumz
    Free Member

riding cut gate too, boy was it good. Yeti 575 and BlurLT
    really burnt after a full day out now 😉

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I was there with a couple of others from here. Saw a 575 at the derwent vistors centre/cafe thing. Loads of bikers out yesterday. Brilliant day but took a bit of a tumble at the end coming down from whinstone tor. Stiff as **** this morning.

vdubber67
    Free Member

thefallguy – Member

Myself and a couple of mates rode yesterday saw quite a few riders out but we stayed away from fairhomes so didn't seem that busy. Was just a stunning day, dry fast trails you forget over the winter just what its like!

I was shattered when I got home, but then we did 52 hard miles. Rode to Doncaster station 4 miles then train to Hathersage, route went like this… up Shatton Moor, drop into Bradwell, up Pindale, down Cavedale, broken road to Mam Tor, Hollins Cross down to Edale, Jaggers Clough to Hope Cross down the Beast, along side of Ladybower to permissive path back up Win Hill, down Hope Brink to Dam across dam and climb up to Stanage Edge, down Stanage Plantation, Lady Cannings Plantation to Ringinglow then drop down back into Sheffield along the BW to Hunters Bar, bit of urban back to Station then train back to Doncaster & 4 mile warm down home, epic day.

Now that's a PROPER day out! 🙂

Kieron
    Free Member

Not a silver/grey yeti was it numplumz?. As we where making our way up from Langsett a couple of riders past us going down. Probably around 10AM.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

The 575 I saw was turquoise/white. Also saw (i think there were 5 of them) brummies on santa cruz's at the top of the beats.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

kieran that was me and andrew (trance and 575)

Bunnyhop

3 of us were out on the Hayfield/New Mills/Rowarth side.
    Dry, dusty and caught a teeny suntan.
    Fantastic day out, although nbt had to pop to the lbs in New Mills, due to having to buy new brake pads, they were almost down to the bare metal after riding a few (cheeky) steep downhills. Also a number of punctures for the boys, those guys ride far too fast on the rocky downhills imo 🙂

A couple of light showers today, so the dust may have dampened a little.

Kieron
    Free Member

Ah Jeez, sorry Rob. Got you mixed up with someone else :oops:. You should have collard me for a chat. Could have done with the rest lol.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

You looked like you were lovin the slog into the stiff breeze

was the best ride for many many months 🙂

crazy-legs

Yeah, Manchester Mountainbikers were out in force for Fluffs Birthday ride – 26 of us in total

Spread out all over the road on the climb out from Hope up to Pindale I'm guessing? I was the guy on the Cove Stiffee that passed you there. I'd met another Manchester guy on a silver Intense on Cavedale, he'd just finished repairing a puncture when I met him so we did the descent together, he'd mentioned there was a big group of you out.

It was really early when I set out and the initial trails were all on the quiet side of the Peak anyway but once I got to Hope/Edale I saw loads of bikers. Then nothing again once I'd turned off onto Broad Clough and out over the other side of Hayfield.

Blower
    Free Member

We set off fairly early too,was quiet on bradwell edge pindale and cavedale,then mamtor side to edale valley was busy as ****!!
    best ride in 6 months+ for me, ready to do a ride like "Thefall guys" asap 8)
    awesome over there at the mo with the dry spell.

Tracey

We were on the Langsett side, messing about in North America. The trails were very dry and thanks to a bad winter the sanitisation has started to get better.

Met Hora for the first time and some others off here, if you can link your bikes to names that would be great.

Finished off at the Wagon and Horses in Langsett as it was Pie Sunday and then home for some fettling

Best bike ride this year

Tracey

amodicumofgnar

I prefer to think of it as a sympathetic repair thats naturalising nicely. Sanitisation would have been a constant 2m width of aggregate.

amodicumofgnar

Still suprisingly quiet – climbed from Malcoff to PBW then over to Chapel Gate, roaded it through Edale then up to Hope Cross, over Hope Brinks, Hope for cake, broken road via bottom of pindale, over to Peak Forest, down PBW through Haydale, Smalldale then bridleway UCR to A6 and back roads home. Beat a dreanching by ten mins.

hora
    Free Member

Hi Tracey, I am changing those glasses BTW (when I wear them people give me odd looks when they are talking to me).

Simon reckons we did 26miles and wasn't the weather a Godsend? Looking at all the weather forecasts I fully expected heavy rain :mrgreen:

How wet was cut gate cut gate cut gate

Bone dry and dusty.

thepodge
    Free Member

Why on earth did we go to the cafe when there was pies like that just across the road?

I'm really tempted to steal that cowbell idea for my trance

Oh and Benny Hill, people look at you odd without the glasses too, you just cant see them

chameleon78
    Free Member

how do I get to cut gate? Is it near Ladybower?
    Not sure I've ever ridden it, used to ride the figure of eight loop from fairholmes a few years back now 40+ miles. Struggle riding for more than 2 hours now!
    Was there today but with my 10wk old daughter, no bike unfortunately.

snowslave

I did cut gate this afternoon. Just got back to the car before the rain started.

Chameleon – it's the bridleway between derwent reservoir and langsett

Andy-W
    Free Member

Got out this morning and so nice to ride on dry trails and not the normal winter mud.

hora
    Free Member

snowslave what were you 'on? On-one? Big Hit?

I still remember the solitary rider who said as he passed me on the climb (yes I heard you under your breath) 'can you ride any slower?'

simon1975

Tracey how could you ride after that pie? I was with Hora, riding the shiny new green Inbred.

I hope Kieron and buddy enjoyed the ride UP the moor from Langsett – do it the other way next time 😉

Driest I've ever seen Cutgate. Top day out!

Who was in the big group heading for Bamford with the chap on the Swift? That bike looked rather low-geared for my liking 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Peaks today who was there?’ is closed to new replies.