Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Peaks Route Advice – Ladybower Inn to Peveril Castle
  • dirtyrider
    Free Member

best off road route to get me from Ladybower Inn to descend to Peverill Castle without going Jaggers/Edale/Mam Tor trying to link up a route

iain1775
    Free Member

Up Bole Hill road
    Descend on track to Bamford
    Offerton Moor – Shatton Moor descend to Bradwell
    Through the Castleton cement works
    Up Pindale
    Down Cavedale

muddy9mtb

I second that.
    but where ever possible I would work in a mam tor descent… 8) just for the fun of it

JohnnyPanic

Back at the end of July that steep track from Bole Hill road down into Bamford was shut at both ends due to work on ‘exposed wires’.

Don’t know if it still is.

It’s possible to climb past the fencing though if you want to take your chances 😉

Not that I would condone such an action.

Alternative route would be Yorkshire Bridge, Thornhill, Shatton, Offerton Hall, then onto Offerton Moor and as above.

skellnonch
    Free Member

Don’t know if it still is

It was 2 weeks ago

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

Went past there on Saturday and I think the fence was still in place. But I don’t get that route at all. I wouldn’t climb that road just to do that straightline descent into Bamford, but it’s all opinions.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

but where ever possible I would work in a mam tor descent… just for the fun of it

early part of my route includes a mam tor ascent, hayfield, jacobs ladder descent, edale, up jagers/beast descent/hagg farm/round the reservoir, (pie and peas at the cafe) to climb back up that slab climb,and descent to the Ladybower Inn,

trying to work in a peverill, so i can go back up Mam Tor from Castleton, drop into Edale, then do the reverse of my first loop, up Jacobs etc, done a 90km route that involves most of it but went up and back cut gate, want to switch that section for Peveril,

just trying to find more off road rather than rolling road the 7 miles of road

would this work if i joined the route across the reservoir?

http://www.strava.com/activities/134885919#3060371536

GHill

Has a bit of road stuff in it, but you could pick up the Thornhill trail, back road to Aston, Hope Brink, Roman Road Descent, road to the cement works, Pindale, Cavedale.

iain1775
    Free Member

But I don’t get that route at all. I wouldn’t climb that road just to do that straightline descent into Bamford, but it’s all opinions.

Not a fan either to be honest but it keeps you off the congested main road through Bamford, all the parked cars and the nasty bend near the pub where there has been several accidents involving cyclists
    That’s the only reason I’d put up with the hill

JohnnyPanic

Lane still blocked.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Peaks Route Advice – Ladybower Inn to Peveril Castle’ is closed to new replies.