Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Peaks ride this Sunday – Ladybower or Edale?
  • dazzydw
    Free Member

Planning on an alldayer this Sunday, me and whoever turns up from the mates invite list.
    Can’t choose between classic ladybower loop taking in the beast or classic edale loop taking in jacobs ladder.
    Anyone know what the recent weather problems have done to the riding conditions, or if there’s any difference between them at the moment?

JohnnyPanic

Alldayer? Both then.

dazzydw
    Free Member

Ha!
    Actually, you make a very good point….
    I’m still in ‘spring shortish days’ mindset.

colournoise

Both loops pretty much all-weather, although I’d say Ladybower slightly more affected by the wet (especially Lockerbrook and WLT).

carlos
    Free Member

Defo both. Start in Edale, (*climb to Hollins Cross and descend Backtor Farm,) Jaggers, Potato Alley or Beast, Lockerbrook, Slabbed climb onto WLT, Ladybower Inn, Round the Lanes to Aston, Climb towards Hope Cross, Descend into Hope, Pindale, (*Cavedale, Broken Road,) Rushup, Roych Clough, climb Coldwell Clough and finish on Jacobs. Pub or Cafe in Edale for food etc…

* nice option if you have the time and legs

geomickb
    Free Member

I was out that way last weekend, cycled the Rawhide ride from bikemaps.co.uk.

Mam Tor, Jaggers, Lockerbrook, Potato Alley, Ladybower, Pindale. Conditions were all fine, surprised how dry in a few places.

Enjoy,

Mick

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Peaks ride this Sunday – Ladybower or Edale?’ is closed to new replies.