• This topic has 458 replies, 96 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 459 total)
  • PEAKS POOTLE: DECEMBER 1ST, 10AM
  • nbt

Oh bugger 🙁

solarpowered
    Free Member

Awwwwwww thanks guys & I am sorry.
    @ onzadog- please be reassured I’ve improved! Ask the boss 😉 and I feel tons more confident since your training! I know you say your not a Jedi but I’d say your as close as can be! Talk about a natural….

Bunnyhop

Unforeseen circumstances I’m afraid…. I’m not going to make it. Gutted.

Oh no!
    I know how you feel.

hebdenbiker
    Free Member

Pls confirm the postcode.
    Is it this one – Edale Car Park, Hope Valley S33 7ZL ??
    Thanks.

Pook

You want s33 7zd

Solar- now I’m even more confused but hope everything is OK

Onzadog
    Free Member

Solar, you’re too kind.
    😳

rogerthecat
    Free Member

so far we have confirmed:
    2 x adults
    1 x 14 yr old

Possibly:
    1 x adult
    1 x 14 yr old

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Oooh, just a thought – I’ve got some Bontrager XR Mud Team Issue’s (26 x2.0), very good condition, done less than 20 miles in, er, mud. £30 the pair, if anyone’s interested. Can bring ’em on Sunday. Email in profile for pics.

jag61

hi just to clarify, google maps shows a big car park next to the station, S33 7zd is next to the post office in the village, It must be 20yrs since I was in Edale so which car park please?
    Thanks John

brokensoul
    Free Member

I think it’ll be the one on the right, if you’re going from Hope, John.
    Me and Jason3809 will be there.

thepodge
    Free Member

I doubt it’ll be hard to miss the group whichever car park you’re in

LoveTubs
    Free Member

It’s the car park near the stn isn’t it? Sure that’s in the tread somewhere – could always follow the traffic jam 😯

EDIT: Would some kind person with Hope Pro2 knowledge have a waggle of my rear wheel on Sun….it’s got some play in it. I’ve used them about 15/20 times – 90% of that following my lads over easy(ish) ground, couple of peak rides. Seems a bit pants, considering my XT’s were essentially fine…and old.

Pook

It’s the huge car park with the village hall in it.

Tracey

Any hints of what route we are doing. All the 3 of us are still up for it.

Pook

The main loop is 12 miles or so. Three and a half hills. Maybe with an extension to include a peaks classic

Tracey

Sounds good.

twang
    Free Member

Chris, dont know if you’re aware or if its in your route but ‘the bastard climb’ up from res to Win hill is closed due to forestry work, its now twice as wide and very muddy 😕
    Might see you tomorrow.. 🙂

crazy-legs

It’s the huge car park with the village hall in it 70 faffing riders jammed into it.

FTFY.

😉

nbt

For anyone coming over from Stockport / Chapel-en-le-Frith, be aware that the Rushup Edge road is closed from the CHestnut centre onwards so you will have to go round via Sparrowpit 🙁

slowrider
    Free Member

Sorry Chris, I’m out. Be good to ride soon though!

bigdean

Is the a57 still closed from sheffield?

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Yep u need to divert up sandygate then drop back down on lodge lane

bowie278
    Free Member

Looking forward to it!

Please excuse my ignorance folks, but is the cake eaten afterwards in the pub, or mid-ride? It’s a toss up between lemon drizzle cake, or a fancy white chocolate and raspberry thing that was picked up from Tescos?!

Let’s hope it stays dry!

nbt

cake is post ride then people have that extra impetus to get back to the car park 🙂

mintimperial

Damn. I’m going to have to skip, stupid car has a stupid flat tyre and the spare is one of those stupid fake mini-wheel things so I’m not going to risk a two-hour Peaks drive on that. Have a good one!

Sandwich

First carrot cake cooked and cooling, second one will then go in. This will be followed by the choc, walnut and coffee brownies.

Pook

evening folks! All set then?

Right – the route. As many of you have guessed, the route has been a bit compromised by forestry works on the side of ladybower, but the majority of where we’re going is ok as far as I know.

We’re going to be heading up and over the roman road from edale, taking in potato alley, potentially gores farm, climbing back up towards hagg farm, then up the back of the beast before the fun and fast descent to Jagger’s cough, then into edale.

There will possibly be a coffee stop at fairholmes but that really depends on numbers. There will be easy/medium options too depending on how we’re all feeling.

Tomorrow’s ride is going to a bit of an epic.

See you all at edale main car park at 10am.

Trekster

My maybe has turned into a no can do 😥

Enjoy your day guys & gals 😆

Pook

Crap route eh trekster? 😉

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Tomorrow’s ride is going to a bit of an epic.

In what sense? *shudders*

Bunnyhop

Please take lots of photos and put them up late tomorrow, so I can see what I have missed.

Have a good time everyone.

simmy
    Free Member

For anyone coming over from Stockport / Chapel-en-le-Frith, be aware that the Rushup Edge road is closed from the CHestnut centre onwards so you will have to go round via Sparrowpit

How much longer in time will this add to the journey ?

Cheers

crazy-legs

Simmy: 10 mins maybe.

simmy
    Free Member

Simmy: 10 mins maybe.

OK cheers

eth3er
    Free Member

I have room for one if anybody needs ferrying.

allthegear
    Free Member

Sad to say I can’t make it today. Turns out I offered to take a friend to Charing Cross hospital and I didn’t realise we had to be there at 0730 tomorrow!!

Have fun everyone!!!

Rachel

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Looks like a beautiful day out there.
    Should be a good one.
    😀

allthegear
    Free Member

Don’t rub it in!!

dan1980
    Free Member

Probably a bit late now, but I sadly can’t make this one. Hopefully next time!

Looking a bit grey this side of the Peak this morning, hopefully the sun will come out soon for you all.

crazy-legs

Gorgeous weather, sun is up, clouds burnt off, blue sky in the Hope Valley. 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 459 total)

The topic ‘PEAKS POOTLE: DECEMBER 1ST, 10AM’ is closed to new replies.