PEAKS POOTLE: DECEMBER 1ST, 10AM

Home Forum Bike Forum PEAKS POOTLE: DECEMBER 1ST, 10AM

Viewing 45 posts - 91 through 135 (of 459 total)
  • PEAKS POOTLE: DECEMBER 1ST, 10AM
  • tazzymtb

Lol at roger aw and pop, freaks the lot of you!

Premier Icon Pook
    Subscriber

I’m a bit scared now.

Premier Icon trout
    Subscriber

Sounds like a fun day out would love to attend but daughter is moving house that weekend 😥

would be trying for a position at the back on a Fatty
    maybe next time

Premier Icon Onzadog
    Subscriber

would be trying for a position at the back on a Fatty

At least offer to buy me dinner before being so blatant.

Pook-what do you drink? I owe you one! Can’t wait! I’m in!!! I am definitely NOT going down the beast though….. Not brave enough for that yet 🙂

Premier Icon Pook
    Subscriber

What do I drink? Depends on the time of day! Now, this beast discussion… where’s that come from then? The route is under lock and key for now!

IHN

Bloody typical. First Pootle of us living in Peaks Pootle land and we’re not bloody here.

Jamie

Now, this beast discussion… where’s that come from then? The route is under lock and key for now!

Premier Icon Pook
    Subscriber

#tinfoilhat

Ooh I might be up for this, the last one was fun. Just need to check with the boss if I’m free that weekend, and hopefully rope in some other ‘Ull folk…

Premier Icon ricardo666
    Subscriber

Put my name down for my first peaks pootle.

Premier Icon Trekster
    Subscriber

In an attempt to do this on the cheap and have a weekend away with MrsT we were thinking of getting train. Manchester and booking a Premier Inn.
    Are there any trains out to Hope or anyone going from central Manc able to give me a lift?

Pook – Member
    What do I drink? Depends on the time of day! Now, this beast discussion… where’s that come from then? The route is under lock and key for now!
    POSTED 17 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

The type of drink you really really enjoy…all to yourself! For me it’s a nice glass of red 😉 and Ignore me about the route plan. Just read ‘beast’ above & got all scaredy pants! 🙄

IHN – Member
    Bloody typical. First Pootle of us living in Peaks Pootle land and we’re not bloody here.
    POSTED 13 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Not funny ….. Very sad 🙁

Premier Icon portlyone
    Subscriber

I’m up for it again

Premier Icon Pook
    Subscriber

Well SP, I must admit I do like a nice Shiraz – though I’m not sure what I’ve done to earn it!

In the meantime, here’s another Pootle…

[video]http://vimeo.com/51469768[/video]

Shiraz it is! Thankyou! You’ll realise why when I see/meet you again! Ace vid btw x

Love Tubs

I’m off right now to buy by mini sponge tins………………

@portlyone – you bought my Heckler right? Do you still have it? Be ace to see what you’ve done with it!

hora

@ 1:36 in the above vid ^ please bring your Beemer and if I’m good can I finally have a spin? (mister) 🙂

Premier Icon Bunnyhop
    Subscriber

Pook – Member
    Well SP, I must admit I do like a nice Shiraz – though I’m not sure what I’ve done to earn it!

I know why and believe me you really do deserve ( a bottle of champagne imo) it 🙂

P.S solarpowered is one of my bessie mates.

Premier Icon Pook
    Subscriber

Intriguing…..

Premier Icon Bunnyhop
    Subscriber

All will be revealed at the Pootle.

thepodge

Ah, that reminds me. Chris, check your emails in 5 minutes, I had a brainwave about the route

stumpy01

Need to check the calendar and re-read through this tomorrow but could well be the first one that I can get along to….!

Premier Icon phil56
    Subscriber

@ 1:36 in the above vid ^ please bring your Beemer and if I’m good can I finally have a spin? (mister)

If I do bring the beemer, you can have a spin – but might be bringing the van. I’ve got to pick a wheel up off you as well I think – for Pete?

nbt

Are there any trains out to Hope or anyone going from central Manc able to give me a lift?

yes, there’s a direct train to edale / hope (depending on start point) from piccadilly. Not many on a sunday though and they’re only small trains so you will need to check times and hope they’re not ram pakced with other bikers getting the train out for the day

Premier Icon Pook
    Subscriber

Ok folks – route decided – thanks for the rubber stamp from nbt and thepodge.

START: Edale main car park
    TIME: 10am for 10.15am grand depart.

There is ample parking, for over 4 hours (ride + pub) it’s £5 in change. Yes there is free parking elsewhere, but if you park there I can’t see you getting ready/arriving so you have to be on time at edale. I don’t take a register!

The train station is just by the car park – we meet in the main car park, not the train station car park though, so you’ll have to roll down to that to find us.

Trains:
    From Manchester Piccadilly, 7.45am or 9.22
    From Sheffield, 9.20am

There you go.

Premier Icon BadlyWiredDog
    Subscriber

I can’t make this, but anyone who’s a National Trust member might like to know that there’s a National Trust car park just below Mam Nick – where the road cuts past Rushup Edge and heads down to Edale. There’s a direct off-road descent from there to Edale. Of course you’d have ride bak up at the end of the day, but you’d have free car-parking with your NT sticker. And a bonus climb. Win/win… 🙂

Premier Icon Pook
    Subscriber

But if you do that you HAVE to be in edale on time or we’ll abandon you! ;o)

Are you divulging the route, or is it a surprise on the day?

Premier Icon Pook
    Subscriber

Surprise on the day. That’s when I tend to make it up

oooh goody, Edale = starting with a big climb out

Premier Icon Pook
    Subscriber

… and also a descent back in as a result

Premier Icon Pook
    Subscriber

It’s a surprise on the day you cheeky scamp

toftm

flyingmonkeycorps – Member
    Ooh I might be up for this, the last one was fun. Just need to check with the boss if I’m free that weekend, and hopefully rope in some other ‘Ull folk…

I could be tempted Willhelm. Try no to flat on the Roych this time…

I seem to remember us both repairing punctures on the Roych… After I’d fixed your headset in the car park 😀

Premier Icon Pook
    Subscriber

Wild route speculation.

toftm

I don’t ride an Orange Five, can I still come?

P.S. Starting in Edale, can you blame us 😉

I ride a Specialized with 26″ wheels and 3×9, can I still come? 😉

‘If’ I make it, it will be one of my first rides after having my bicep re-attached, totally unfit and put a stone on since summer (getting the excuses in early) – on that basis, it will be nice to have a ‘pootle’, rather than a Strava obsessed balls out blast. Will probably still try and go downhill slightly faster than my capabilities cater for though!

nbt

so it’s not the cut gate/ doctors’s gate loop we discussed then?

😉

I suspect its a carry up Grindsbrook to start and back down Ringing Roger, I could be wrong.

Viewing 45 posts - 91 through 135 (of 459 total)

The topic ‘PEAKS POOTLE: DECEMBER 1ST, 10AM’ is closed to new replies.