• This topic has 458 replies, 96 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 459 total)
  • PEAKS POOTLE: DECEMBER 1ST, 10AM
  • h4muf
    Free Member

Sorry I missed it, fell out Saturday night with SWMBO
    And spent Sunday negotiating peace talks 😀

Pook

Duplicate post

Pook

Wondered where you were Lee – you missed a cracker

flyingmonkeycorps

Gutted not to make it – we got through Sheffield only to find the A57 was closed, then got lost trying to find our way back out again, so we didn’t get to the car park till late. Sounds like y’all had a cracker though!

winch
    Free Member

My first Peaks Pootle™ and it was a right laugh. Highlights for me were:

– The kid on the cyclocross bike ably negotiating potato sized rocks. Says it all really.

– The nutter on the BFe who rode to the poodle (off road) from Manchester, stomped up every climb and was looking at ~100km that day by the time he’d ridden back home in the dark. Crazylegs perhaps?

Onzadog for waiting and holding the last gate until I came through with stripeminister at the very back of the pack after fixing a puncture on the last descent. Thanks Onza!

I tip my hat to all of you.

It was great to get a guided tour of some of the riding around Edale. I’ll certainly be back now i know how much there is to explore there. All the people who live locally are lucky to have that stuff on your doorstep. The descent down to the bridge was probably my favourite bit of riding, but then again all of the descents had something about them.

Love Tubs – Hello I’m winch (aka “dreadlock wheelie man”!!) I was trying to keep the wheelies under control because apparently it makes me a show off, just couldn’t resist that one though. Thanks for the banter on the bridge and for laughing at my loaf of bread.

Nice one Pook and all the others who helped out. Everyone looked to be having a good time and I for one can’t wait for the next poodle.

dazh

The nutter on the BFe who rode to the poodle (off road) from Manchester, stomped up every climb and was looking at ~100km that day by the time he’d ridden back home in the dark. Crazylegs perhaps?

That’d be me. If felt like a good idea at the time. It didn’t on the climb out of Roych Clough on the way back!

Pook

Ah peaks poodles. Cracking off road dogs

winch
    Free Member

My mistake dazh. Well done on getting home!

nbt

Crazylegs was on the shiny blue CX bike in the “less slow” group

winch
    Free Member

Ah yes, dazh was the nutter. crazylegs was the (self confessed) idiot! Hats off to you too crazylegs.

oldnick

Highlight for me was when Onzadog and myself found out that the lads with the puncture weren’t part of the pootle – cue rapid retraction of comments about timewasting!

Cheers Pook and Pook’s elves, see you again 🙂

crazy-legs

Ah yes, dazh was the nutter. crazylegs was the (self confessed) idiot! Hats off to you too crazylegs.

Well it’s nice to be remembered… 😉

Nice going dazh. I ended up with just under 50 miles for the day but my ride back was mostly on-road. I thought about the Roych but couldn’t face that climb out!

richpips
    Free Member

I thought about the Roych but couldn’t face that climb out falling off!

😉

scandalous
    Free Member

excellent fun under the (mostly) sun!
    Good to meet onza, crazy legs and others whos usernames I have forgotten.
    shame to have had to bail so soon but I would have turned into a pumpkin at 1pm and they are hard to carry on a 29er.
    good effort everyone!

phil56

Just like to say thanks as well to everyone for making it such a fun ride. Really enjoyed it, great stuff.

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Ah, winch – never get bored of wheelie-popping dude, that would have made excellent posthumous-pootle video material.

Good effort dazh, you’re nails! I feel so pathetic now 😯

bowie278
    Free Member

LoveTubs – Thanks for the comment on the lemon drizzle cake, I shall pass them onto the chef! Good to meet you.

winch Good to meet you, I sat opposite you and your mate in the pub afterwards. Hopefully catch up with you again!

dazh Good to find a friend in you for the day Daz, glad to hear you got home safe. You have some serious legs, pointing your bike north up the Beast and giving it a go!

Thanks for a really great day, guys. I was the chap with the retina burning neon-orange Five.

Joe

wittonweavers
    Free Member

I would have loved to have come but sadly was otherwise engaged!

From organising the Monday Night Bike Ride a couple of times i know how difficult it can be leading 15 people – never mind 60 to 70! So big respect to Pook for taking up the reigns.

It seems as though pretty much everyone enjoyed themselves… so between you, you managed a donation of FORTY EIGHT QUID. You should be ashamed of yourselves! Get online here and give some more. One day you just might need them… 😆

nbt

to be fair the collecting tin came out in the pub and only about half the riders went to the pub

wittonweavers
    Free Member

to be fair the collecting tin came out in the pub and only about half the riders went to the pub

So only half need to make a donation whilst the other half that did donate will feel content at donating just over a quid each in recognition of Pook’s outstanding organisation and a great day out! Come on boys – its Christmas time! Don’t be tight and share some love 😆

Pook

Owt’s better than nowt and we got a lot more than nowt. Just need to round it up to the square £50 and pay it in now.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

The buggers ambush me every time I fill up, bet we own half that nice Landy they park in Hathersage on nice sunny days – nowt but high altitude chuggers!! 😯

On a serious note if everyone drops a pound into one of their tins in the valley pubs/shops/petrol stations when they are out in the area, it will mean that there’s someone around to pick one of us up when we get broken.

thepodge
    Free Member

I got the wife’s family to donate last year instead of buying me crap stocking fillers for Christmas.

northernatheart
    Free Member

Thank you to everyone. A great ride and a good laugh. Sorry to miss the pub, but made a hasty exit for the drive back to Northampton. Look forward to the next one
    C

stripeminister
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, especially Pook and every else who helped out and held the gates open…
    The route has some good descents in it, I definitely need to ride in the peak more,

I was on the On-On 456 evo, yes the guy who snapped his chain at the top of the first climb…

Pook

Did I miss the link to the photos taken on the last descent?

nbt

Don’t think they’ve been ppsted yet. If I’ve got my people right the photographer was Sandwich who came up from Ipswich, wasn’t it? Or am I as clueless as usual?

Sandwich

Twas me that took pics. There’s just under 200 to process!! Lightroom is going as fast as it can but Mrs Sandwich wanted my time yesterday. Later tonight on Flickr, link will be posted here.

nbt

I know what it’s like to have that many pics to process after a pootle 🙂

no hurries, take your time

Pook

Makes a change from the “done the video yet?” questions I usually get!

No rush sandwich

Sandwich

Well they’re uploading as I post this. Pics at Peak Pootle on Flickr. 70 are passable the rest are a bit meh and are staying home. If there are any people want to print drop me a mail as it’s too much faff to set different licensing for prints. I’ll stick large JPEGs in Dropbox and send you a link for the download.

Edit. Pics should all be there now. Enjoy, spot the faller in the woods!

richpips
    Free Member

Some nice pics there.

Do you mind if I grab a copy of http://www.flickr.com/photos/mycams/11194532964/ ?

Ta Rich

Sandwich

No worries Rich

richpips
    Free Member

Thanks Mike.

thepodge
    Free Member

Nice pics, there’s real life photographic proof that a rigid 29er SS is faster than a HT 26er SS too… that should keep the forum anger going for another week

Sandwich

That’s crazy talk!

nbt

I spotted the faller, I also spotted a few randoms mixed in there. I shan’t name the faller though I do know who he is

Roger, when you come to try my SS on a Marple ride you’ll experience the joys of wider bars which do aid stability immensely 😉

Some very nice pics in there, well done

thepodge
    Free Member

I should never have tried your 29er, I’ve been looking at new bits daily since Sunday

Wider bars are deffo on the list

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Great pics. Would it be possible to have a copy of the pic of Joe (I’ll pass on the ones of me lying on the ground!) IMG_4831

Jules – if you flick through that set of pics quickly you can see me get up too!! 😳

Sandwich

I’ll sort pic downloads this evening. Dropbox link to follow.

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 459 total)

The topic ‘PEAKS POOTLE: DECEMBER 1ST, 10AM’ is closed to new replies.