Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Peaks (ladybower) tomoro (Fri) good idea? or mad?
  • robhenry85
    Free Member

want a ride and good views/fresh air and that. whats the snow like, ridable?

i’m thinking a few little loops from ladybower, so i’m never that far from car.

i do think i might have to walk a bit, but as long as its not the downhill bits i don’t mind, so whats your thoughts? any suggestions what to ride and what not to?

sambob
    Free Member

Should be alright early on, forecast to go a bit nuts later on though.

thejesmonddingo

Its snowing fairly heavy in Penistone at the mo,I’d wait and see before committing myself if I were you.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    robhenry85
    Free Member

have had a eye on the forecast all week, looks like it will be light snow all day. and very cold 😉

plan on a morning ride

djgary
    Free Member

im about 15 mile as the crow flies away from ladybower and its starting to snow quite hard now round here now, the forecast is for it to get much worse by tomorrow so its probably quite a risk.
    the other thing to think about is the A57 in particular tends to get closed very quickly in any adverse weather so at best you will have a wasted trip up there but at worst you may get there but be unable to get back.
    if you really want to get out there in the snow then a better option is the train to edale and do jacobs ladder down in to hayfield then ride back to new mills for the train, much safer in my opinion considering the warnings we have been getting.
    whatever you choose ride safe and take essential gear to keep warm.

thepodge
    Free Member

Your best bet is to keep an eye (and feed information to) Keeper of the peak

KoftheP

robhenry85
    Free Member

i was thinking i might struggle to even get there!
    looks like the wind is going to pick up also!

looks like it could be a local loop! it’s snowing here now (Leeds)

thepodge
    Free Member

I have to get to work out there, could be interesting

sparkyrhino

Would have a ride out with you Rob,bit busy tommorow and attempting Dalby on satday,if we can drive there ok….

gmex619
    Free Member

+1 for snowing in Penistone. Not sure how accurate the weather reports are, but a few sites are saying it’s set in from now until Saturday. I’m gutted really as I was hoping to get in a little DH riding over the weekend. 🙁

robhenry85
    Free Member

Sparky- dalby is already snowy, should be fun if you can get there! i’m busy sat or would of come!

sparkyrhino

2nd choice is the pines,but could end up been a tempsy trundle. 🙄

daveh
    Free Member

Snowing too in thurgoland, 3 miles from Penistone! 😀

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Are people from thurgoland called thurgs?
    Sounds like something off star wars!

matt_outandabout

I did a new years day ride a good few years back in 4″ snow and hub deep drifts there – was ace fun and really rideable for a lot of it (although flippin hard work).
    Getting back in the car was less easy…

rockymerlin
    Free Member

Getting deep on the ‘peaks’ side of Holmfirth. Can only imagine its doin the same over the other side of the hills.

All treated roads seem fine.

Sould be good fun!!!!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Looking out of the window, its light flakes but settling a bit.
    The ground is nice and frozen so good riding but don’t forget that under the snow there may be tyre ruts.
    I’m about 3 miles from Ladybower.
    If the roads are passable it could be a hoot.
    @ the podge I also work out here – whereabouts are you based?

thepodge
    Free Member

Roger, live in Malin Bridge & work in Hope

Pook

That sounds like an order Podge.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

@ podge – I shall be in Hope tomorrow, supposed to have a midday meeting in Glossop, can’t see that happening. If you see a big VW van with a big VI graphic on his a wave!

Rscott
    Free Member

Upper Denbys got about an inch at the min and started falling heavy,its above penistone.

daveh
    Free Member

Upper Denbys got about an inch at the min and started falling heavy,its above penistone.

And here’s me thinking all this time that it was above lower denby 😀

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Peaks (ladybower) tomoro (Fri) good idea? or mad?’ is closed to new replies.