Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Peaks campsite (that isn't Coopers in Edale)
  • rascal
    Free Member

…only because I know that one well 😉

Me and the wife have Fri and next Mon off and are off somewhere with the camping gear.
    Maybe 3 nights away in the Peaks…site to have good facilities, reasonably priced, MUST have good pubs within short walking distance, somewhere to bike (even though she’s not really a ‘biker’) and do smallish walks and somewhere that’s generally pretty.

Coopers is good but not tried much else TBH….moon on a stick request?

banks
    Free Member

Hayfield campsite ftw!

banks
    Free Member

Hayfield campsite ftw!

BadlyWiredDog

Mates of mine have stayed at Hayfield a few times now and love it. Great location and easy access to trails.

woody21
    Free Member

Royal Oak at Hurdlow

http://www.peakpub.co.uk/

nickdavies

I’ve stayed at the campsite behind the travellers rest pub in hope/bradwell. Decent enough and a pub close, no experience of others though.

rascal
    Free Member

Thanks all – Hayfield does look very nice.
    Not sure exactly how to calculate the cost though…

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/siteseekerlite/aspx/details.aspx?id=7130

I’m reading that as 1 tent for 2 adults = £26.30 per night…for camping. Seems very pricey unless I’m reading it wrong…can someone who’s cleverer than me work it out? 😉

rascal
    Free Member

A mate of mine says £27 for 2 for a night’s camping isn’t pricey…does that make me a tightarse?

hora
    Free Member

Open Q/as I was going to book coopers- whats wrong with it?

allthepies
    Free Member

Wherever you end up, be careful with storing the bikes overnight. Some mates locked bikes to a tree in an Edale campsite overnight. The bikes weren’t there in the morning.

rascal
    Free Member

Absolutely nothing at all.
    Just wanted to see other recommendations for a change.
    Stayed there loads and will prob be there again this weekend TBH…you can’t pre-book – just turn up early-ish…can get busy in good weather.

The Nags Head across the road makes it very popular – I will be sampling their goods to see if the beer’s still up the scratch 🙂

northernmatt

Hardhurst Farm just outside Hope is good. £5 per person per night. Hot showers, bogs, a cafe, and a pub within crawling distance. Hope is about a 15min walk away.

nickdavies

Hardhurst farm, that’s the name of the one I mentioned above just out of hope/bradwell. Couldn’t remember it! Ta.

Garry_Lager

We stayed in the other one just out of Hope recently – Lane side (I think) on the main road so closer to the Hope alehouses.

Not camped in ages so don’t have much to compare it to – it was v clean, bogs/showers were sparkling, generally in good order, but no amenities beyond a shop. We were with kids, so would have preferred at least some diversions on site. But if it’s just you and the missus I guess it hardly matters? Location is spot on.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Peaks campsite (that isn't Coopers in Edale)’ is closed to new replies.