Peaks campsite (that isn't Coopers in Edale)

Home Forum Chat Forum Peaks campsite (that isn't Coopers in Edale)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Peaks campsite (that isn't Coopers in Edale)
  • banks

Hayfield campsite ftw!

banks

Hayfield campsite ftw!

Premier Icon BadlyWiredDog
    Subscriber

Mates of mine have stayed at Hayfield a few times now and love it. Great location and easy access to trails.

Premier Icon woody21
    Subscriber
    Premier Icon nickdavies
    Subscriber

I’ve stayed at the campsite behind the travellers rest pub in hope/bradwell. Decent enough and a pub close, no experience of others though.

rascal

Thanks all – Hayfield does look very nice.
    Not sure exactly how to calculate the cost though…

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/siteseekerlite/aspx/details.aspx?id=7130

I’m reading that as 1 tent for 2 adults = £26.30 per night…for camping. Seems very pricey unless I’m reading it wrong…can someone who’s cleverer than me work it out? 😉

rascal

…only because I know that one well 😉

Me and the wife have Fri and next Mon off and are off somewhere with the camping gear.
    Maybe 3 nights away in the Peaks…site to have good facilities, reasonably priced, MUST have good pubs within short walking distance, somewhere to bike (even though she’s not really a ‘biker’) and do smallish walks and somewhere that’s generally pretty.

Coopers is good but not tried much else TBH….moon on a stick request?

rascal

A mate of mine says £27 for 2 for a night’s camping isn’t pricey…does that make me a tightarse?

hora

Open Q/as I was going to book coopers- whats wrong with it?

allthepies

Wherever you end up, be careful with storing the bikes overnight. Some mates locked bikes to a tree in an Edale campsite overnight. The bikes weren’t there in the morning.

rascal

Absolutely nothing at all.
    Just wanted to see other recommendations for a change.
    Stayed there loads and will prob be there again this weekend TBH…you can’t pre-book – just turn up early-ish…can get busy in good weather.

The Nags Head across the road makes it very popular – I will be sampling their goods to see if the beer’s still up the scratch 🙂

northernmatt

Hardhurst Farm just outside Hope is good. £5 per person per night. Hot showers, bogs, a cafe, and a pub within crawling distance. Hope is about a 15min walk away.

Premier Icon nickdavies
    Subscriber

Hardhurst farm, that’s the name of the one I mentioned above just out of hope/bradwell. Couldn’t remember it! Ta.

Premier Icon Garry_Lager
    Subscriber

We stayed in the other one just out of Hope recently – Lane side (I think) on the main road so closer to the Hope alehouses.

Not camped in ages so don’t have much to compare it to – it was v clean, bogs/showers were sparkling, generally in good order, but no amenities beyond a shop. We were with kids, so would have preferred at least some diversions on site. But if it’s just you and the missus I guess it hardly matters? Location is spot on.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Peaks campsite (that isn't Coopers in Edale)’ is closed to new replies.