Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Peak stw Sunday night TV has been achieved
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Speedshop (8pm)

Ex special forces guy customises motorbikes for a living.

Tonight he did up a basic Honda (labour free) for an ex forces guy (amputee) to ride over the Alps, then did the trip with him. Also did up a Hillman Minx estate on the way.

Gets the rare and uncoveted cynic-al seal of approval.

jjprestidge
    Free Member

And there was I thinking that this was going to be a thread about Love Island.

JP

bikebouy
    Free Member

Live die repeat on Sky Movies.

Gets my squeal of approval..

outofbreath
    Free Member

Looks good, thanks for the headsup.

Link to take STWers straight to it:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000dbc9

johnhighfield
    Free Member

Yes really enjoyed it & even got the wife to watch it rather than George Clarke on the other side. I think she liked the human element side of it. That bike trip was a huge (responsible?) challenge for the amputee – but I’m sure ‘living on the edge’ has been part of his life in the military. I also though the main guy had a bit of the ‘Guy Martin’ about him!

stormtrooper
    Free Member

Cheers for the heads-up, really enjoyed that. The main guy Titch was really likeable and definitely had a bit of Guy Martin about him. That route looked amazing as well. Hopefully there will be more

halifaxpete

Caught the last half of that, good programme and a sound bunch of guys, series linked!

lesgrandepotato

Anyone catch what the route was? Looked like a fine bikepacking route…

oomidamon

Anyone catch what the route was? Looked like a fine bikepacking route…

It’s the route across the alps that Hannibal used (allegedly). Bramans in France was the starting point.

Watched it last night, not a bad show – I would watch a series of that.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Peak stw Sunday night TV has been achieved’ is closed to new replies.