Peak Park Ordered to Pay £20,000 Costs over Chapel Gate Closure

Home Forum Bike Forum Peak Park Ordered to Pay £20,000 Costs over Chapel Gate Closure

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Peak Park Ordered to Pay £20,000 Costs over Chapel Gate Closure
  • Does this mean they have less money to spend on totally idiotic and unsuitable resurfacing of trails, or is that someone else’s fault?

hora

Why dont the 4×4’s foxtrot oscar elsewhere?

Why dont the 4×4’s foxtrot oscar elsewhere?

Unfortunately the horsey types and red socks say that about us 🙁

MarkLG

Fair play to the TRF for standing their ground, but as an ex-trail rider I realised a few years ago that it’s a fruitless pastime. The available trails are that limited these days you just see groups of riders doing the same circuit every Sunday morning. It becomes a little tedious after a while. (Although going down the Beast with 14″ of suspension at your disposal was fun :lol:)
    Trail riders aren’t really that much different from MTBers for the most part and I don’t have a problem with them. 4×4’ists are another matter – the amount of maintenance work they create on some trails (and the associated cost) is out of all proportion to every other group of users on the trails.

hubert

The Peak District National Park has been ordered to pay the Trail Riders Fellowship £20,000 towards their costs in overturning the illegal closure of Chapel Gate last year. That brings the Peak Park’s overall legal costs for their attempts to ban vehicles from green lanes to an estimated £70,000 for this case alone.

Are you happy with this waste of your cash, fellow taxpayers? If not, tell your local newspaper, your MP and anyone else you know who visits the Peak Park to follow their chosen pastime.

According to the TRF’s Rights of Way Director, the TRF spent £99,000 in legal costs last year defending everyone’s right to use these routes.

richpips

Win some lose some.

It appears that you have lost though.

In principal I have nothing against motorised transport using Chapel Gate or the Roych. My experience though is that both motorised 2+4 wheels trash the trails.

Goodbye.

ninfan

Fairly rare for costs orders to be made in cases like this I thought?

Premier Icon woody21
    Subscriber

Living in the Peak Park, the PDNPA are felt by many local people to be a law unto themselves. In planning, they act as judge and jury we went to them for advice and they only told us half a story which ultimately cost £2k in planning costs and appeal fees. This is not the only high profile case that they have lost

I wouldn’t lose any sleep if they were disbanded and their duties given to other councils and the voluntary / private sector

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Peak Park Ordered to Pay £20,000 Costs over Chapel Gate Closure’ is closed to new replies.