Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Peak Night Rides (Mon, Wed, Thurs)
  • LoveTubs
    Free Member

Any peeps out on a regular/ish run that I could hook up with? Anyone up for starting one? Mon or Wed being the best for now, Thurs after X-mas.

monksie
    Free Member

I’m out after work twice a week but I work at various locations in Stockport & Manchester and I don’t really know which on any given day until the Monday of each week.
    If I’m in Stockport I usually ride over to Macclesfield Forest, Goyt Valley or Hayfield and if it’s Salford or Manchester I ride over to Mellor (if any of those areas are any good?) but night riding on my own is becoming less attractive.
    I don’t go on big group rides though so if it’s just a few people and it’s doable, I’d be up for it. I can get the train from Manchester or Salford into the Dark Peak after work and ride back.

sambob
    Free Member

Hayfield Hub go out every Wednesday from the Royal car park in Hayfield.

KidCragg
    Free Member

I’m Notts based but would be up for a regular evening ride on Thursday after Xmas.

Ideally sheffield side of Peaks. Let me know what u reckon.

email in profile

banks
    Free Member

I’m off in the peaks twice a week if all goes well, I’m marple based, but don’t mind a drive

nbt

Peak district’s a big place – can you narrow it down? We’ve just started a mailing list for organising rides in the marple area as it happens (Monskie, Banks – mail me for details if you’re interested)

BadlyWiredDog

Hayfield Hub, 7.30, Wednesdays, from the Royal Hotel in the centre of the village. Nice bunch, always someone out, they have a Facebook page.

Twisted Wheels, Manchester based, more relaxed, have their own web site, occasional night rides in the Peak.

High Peak Cycles in Glossop used to run a Thursday evening night ride, but at the moment it seems to be as dead as the proverbial parrot.

I ride a bit during the week. Which side of the Peak are you?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

wednesdays in hope most weeks – 7 for 7:30

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Thanks for the info all.

Monksie, I’ve not done the Goyt scetch I’ll bung my mobile number up in Profile…give us a text when u know where u’ll be?

Hayfield & Hope sound like a good plan. Like my phone, I’m not sure if I have the confidence to turn up with a lumi-HID (there, I said it) 😛 It’ll be dark mind.

nbt I’ll send along my details to ya too if that’s OK?

nbt

no problems

geologist
    Free Member

Im working in stockport uptill xmas, Would be cool to meet up for riding midweek from nextweek onwards.

scottreid1974ATyahooDOTcoDOTuk.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Peak Night Rides (Mon, Wed, Thurs)’ is closed to new replies.