Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Peak Middle Age – Resin Driveway
  • lamp
    Free Member

Does anyone have experience with resin driveways? I need to get my house in order and the driveway has been neglected for too long. So this is as exciting as my Monday gets! 🙂

They look super low maintenance, no weeds, nice to look at….any downsides? Any experiences good or bad?

My drive way is approximately 4m wide and around 30m in length, does anyone know roughly what i could expect to pay?

There are only so many websites you can read and youtube videos one can watch on this topic!!

TIA all.

salad_dodger

Not sure about the no weeds comment. My next door neighbours had their drive done about 18 months ago and there are weeds coming through it now. Apart from that it still looks good. I think they paid £70 a square metre.

ravingdave

Are the permeable? I think if changing driveway material it now has to he permeable and is a planning matter. Not saying planning is required (not looked into it) but remember something on the subject to slow wate run off times

razorrazoo

My neighbours had theirs done a couple of years ago, cost a fortune, bits have crumbled and been patched and it looks a mess.  I’d be furious if it was mine.  Probably down to a poor job but a lot of money wasted IMHO.

footflaps

Both sound like they had no proper base….

cheddarchallenged
    Free Member

We had a resin bound path and landed up having it dig out. Although it’s permeable that means that mud can wash into it and stay there – which then leads to things growing and in short order, your nice new path looks a complete mess.

Probably ok for urban areas when there will never be mud on the car tyres / welly boots that walk over it etc etc.

blue77
    Free Member

We had our driveway done about 5 years ago. Within 8 months we had dips forming where the car wheels sat.

We paid for the additional ground works as this was a requirement for the warranty. Over the period of 2 years tried to get someone out to make good. The company declared bankruptcy, strangely there is another company with the same logo and one director trading now.

I’d never go with a resin driveway again.

And weeds do come through despite the sales pitch.

Edit: we still have a drive with ever growing dips!

spooky_b329

Apparently susceptible to peeling, especially if you turn on your drive. Hard to match repairs.

irc

A local path had a resin surface done. Entire thing had to be dug up and redone. Second attempt worked well to be fair.

If you get it pay by credit card so you have a backup plan when the supplier fails to rectify afaulty job.

juanking

Recently had a patio done in resin and appear to be pretty decent and as always assume the prep is key. Because it’s got a large oak pergola on it it’s been jumbo spec’d, 1 foot MOT, 8 inch concrete, 18mm resin ontop.

I got 5 different places to quote and appears the going rate for a reliable outfit is about £120 pm2.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.