Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Peak experts – what is this decent/climb?
  • alanf
    Free Member

I think this is the bridleway that passes Hags farm and eventually drops down onto the derwent dams on the west side.
    Does anyone know/have a name for this decent/climb.
    However, I could be completely wrong as I’m not that familiar with the names of things around there.

Was out there last night and I always seem to be going up it whereas most people I come across are going down it.

hora
    Free Member

Gores DH?

nbt
    Superficial
    Free Member

On Strava it’s called the Flying Mile, but I’ve never heard it called that in real life. In fact I don’t know what it’s ‘supposed’ to be called.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@alanf – did you mean to post a link or a picture ? You refer to “this” ?

alanf
    Free Member

Cheers NBT, it is Lockerbrook.
    I think I have ridden Two thorn fields a couple of times – again going up. It was a bit sloppy on both occasions as I recall – not particularly inspiring really.

Where is Gores DH Hora?

hora
    Free Member

Lockerbrook down to Gores? Follow nbt’s map along. I think its the one called Gores DH anyway! Its not technical in the slightest but is very nice to ride down 🙂

alanf
    Free Member

Thanks Hora, Yes I see now.
    That’s the bit I keep going up.
    Much nicer on the way down.

Jambalaya – no pic, I tried to explain in the first post where the piece of track is rather than posting a pic.
    Seems I have my answer now – Thanks guys

alex222
    Free Member

It’s the screaming mile.

flyingmonkeycorps

Gores DH / Lockerbrook / Suicide Brake are all names by which I have known it. Screaming Mile to me is the recently(ish) resurfaced track that goes from Hagg Side car park by the reservoir up to the top of Hagg Side.

Suicide is one of my favourite descents in t’Peak. Nowt really technical, but if you hit it fast enough it’s more fun than should be legal.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@alanf – no problem, on my recent first Peaks visit we rode up that way also

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Peak experts – what is this decent/climb?’ is closed to new replies.