Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Peak district route
  • shortyj15

Can someone tell me the exact route of this video?

I’ve not seen bits of it before

Esme
    Free Member

And you’ll not see bits of it again 👿 – the first part is Rushup

flyingmonkeycorps

I think it’s the Kinder all weather circuit but with the campsite descent down to Hayfield added on, and what looks like a cheeky bit of footpath.

Although they stop part way down Jacob’s Ladder, and I’m not sure where some of the photos are (Snake Path is the other side of Kinder Scout).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Esme
    Free Member

3:40-4:15 White Brow? to the north of Kinder Reservoir, heading towards Hayfield

flyingmonkeycorps

Ah that would make sense, I thought the bit leading to it was the campsite, but I’ve not been there for ages and there’s a couple of cuts so it probably isn’t. Can’t figure out the route if it is though.

BadlyWiredDog

They stopped filming the campsite descent after the mud hit the lens, then I’m guessing they went up 20 trees to the shooting cabin then turned back down past the reservoir. Then they’ve simply gone back over Jacob’s either via the bridleway that runs under Kinder Low end or up the main track, but they’ve left that bit out completely.

There are loads of options to extend at the Hayfield end.

flyingmonkeycorps

Aye think I can see it now. Just realised the Snake Path goes out of Hayfield, every day’s a school day eh?

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Yeah looks like they went up to the shooting cabins and descended to the reservoir. Considering they were quite fast on most ot the descents they were very slow at the top of Jacobs ladder they even took the s bend instead of straight lining it.

shortyj15

So they dropped down to hayfield? or came round the front to Jacobs?

Superficial
    Free Member

Considering they were quite fast on most ot the descents they were very slow at the top of Jacobs ladder they even took the s bend instead of straight lining it.

What do you mean? Are you suggesting that you prefer riding down the steps?

So they dropped down to hayfield? or came round the front to Jacobs?

Rushup, Mount Famine, drop down past the campsite, and then they presumably went up Snake Path to the Shooting Cabin, then right turn and back down to Kinder Road. They haven’t shown the ascent up Kinder, there are a few options but the one that makes the most sense is to take the bridleway from Kinder Res South East and then join the main path to the top.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

http://www.theedgecycleworks.com/mtbroutes/hayfield-jacobs-ladder-long-version/

This is the route.

Superficial – Member
    What do you mean? Are you suggesting that you prefer riding down the steps?

4:53 the guy filming goes to the left and around the best line is to just straight line it all.

Superficial
    Free Member

This is the route.

That’s a weird route IMO. Up Lantern Pike and up Shooting Cabins for no real reward? No thanks.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

That’s a weird route IMO. Up Lantern Pike and up Shooting Cabins for no real reward? No thanks.

Yeah sorry that isn’t the right route it should be snake path to shooting cabins from hayfield.

EDIT like this

http://www.cycle-route.com/routes/Hayfield_Jacobs_Ladder_Loop-Cycle-Route-1998.html

mattrgee
    Free Member

Rushup Edge (RIP)
    The Roych
    South Head
    Coldwell Clough
    Campsite Descent
    Snake Path / 20 Trees
    Bridleway towards reservoir and cobbles to Kinder Road.

At this point there’s two options, neither of which are alluded to. They either went East up the bridleway to Broad Clough OR went back down to the campsite and climbed Edale Road from the bottom of Coldwell Clough. Both would take you to Oaken Clough and onwards to the top of Jacob’s Ladder.

shortyj15

Cheers guys I’ll give that a go Friday.

I’m from Buxton and ridden round here a lot but have not found it all, is there any more decent trails? I don’t mind driving a little bit

BadlyWiredDog

Rather than dropping down to the reservoir from the cabin, I’d carry on over the bridge and across Middle Moor, which is an ace bit of trail – watch out for the new obstacles placed by the trail police across some alternative lines, which are going to break someone in the dark one of these days – then up to the Monk’s Road either on the road (dull and iffy) or up the parallel permissive footpath, safer but technically naughty, then back over to Hayfield via several options.

I’d also ride the main bit of the loop the other way round, but opinions vary on that. Its good either way fwiw, but Rushup Edge in descent is now a bit rubbish. YMMV, but probably not there to be realistic…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Peak district route’ is closed to new replies.