Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Peak District Regulars – Twenty/Nineteen Trees –
  • excitable1
    Free Member

Who Knew ?

Great bit of local knowledge…. always thought it was my adding up skills and ageing eyesight

benman
    Free Member

Like you, I always just assumed that I’d counted wrong as I cycled past… 🙂

spacey

Think I counted only 17 once, could be wrong though

BadlyWiredDog

Yep, there are nnnnnn-nineteen of them. I once spent a pleasant summer afternoon counting them. Did it about five times and there were still only 19.

Pyro

That’s the same as the 13 Bends road, Baslow to Bakewell. Some daft sod in the Peak District can’t count, I’m sure there’s only 11.

thepodge
    Free Member

That’s the same as the 13 Bends road, Baslow to Bakewell. Some daft sod in the Peak District can’t count, I’m sure there’s only 11.

A guy I used to work with insists there are only 9, then a hole in the hedge and he doesn’t remember much after that

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

<Pedant mode>
    Technically this is not in the Peak District.

gothmog
    Free Member

I always wondered where that other tree went to! Nice bit of info that.

excitable1
    Free Member

Technically this is not in the Peak District.

I beg to differ doctorgnashoidz !

I think you’ll find that the thick yellow line on the Ordnance Survey for the National Park that is the ‘High Peak District’  runs along the wall and gate you go through after climbing out of Hayfield. So the 19/20 trees after the wall and gate are in fact in the Peak District… just saying !

PolisherMan

I just looked at the satellite image on the OS site, all I can see is large florets of broccoli.

BadlyWiredDog

I think we should plant another tree. We could crowd fund it. STW at its pedantic best 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Peak District Regulars – Twenty/Nineteen Trees –’ is closed to new replies.