Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Peak District GPX
  • ruggerbugger13

Off to Hathersage at the beginning of October & need some routes. Thinking of a full day Cut Gate route & a couple of 3-4 hr loops(Mam Tor, Jacobs Ladder, etc). Counting on the oracles of the forum to guide me!!!! Also what is the best app to use for simple navigation!!!!

Thanks for any help & happy trailsūü§ôūüŹĽ

sharkattack

One of the first suggestions will be to buy this book so I’ll just get it in now…

singletrackworld.com/shop/peak-district-mountain-biking-dark-peak-trails-guide/

It’s actually not a bad idea. It’s full of maps and step by step directions for rides in that area. I used to just snap some photos of the ride I wanted on my phone and just follow that.

davros
    Free Member

Outdoor active app is good for following routes and navigation. You’ll probably find loads of free routes uploaded for the classics you want to do.

tuboflard

I lived in Hathersage for nearly a decade so probably reasonably well placed to comment.

There’s actually a bit of a ride from there to the best stuff if riding from the doorstep, but (in no particular order) the best trails are Offerton, Shatton Moor, Bradwell Edge, also up Stanage Long Causeway and down Plantation. Little bit further afield and can take in a (cheeky) ride down Burbage Edge. You could also hop on a train to Edale and then do a loop back via Jacobs Ladder, Rushup Edge, past Rowter Farm and down Cave Dale.

Oh and if you want good food when there, the Indian restaurant, Maazi is fantastic. Heard good things about the Bank House too.

tuboflard

Just put this loop together quickly as a suggestion.

https://explore.osmaps.com/route/14045872/hathersage-loop

If you don’t fancy the cheeky up to Win Hill then can always do Hope Brink and then go through Aston and Thornhill and hop on the trail back up to Yorkshire Bridge.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.