Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Peak District cafes
  • snap
    Free Member

Hi …I’m off to the Peak District for a long weekend of road biking we’re Buxton based . And it’s my job to pick the routes and in typical road biking fashion I’d like to drop into some bike friendly cafes along the way so where’s your favourite Peak District cafe ?
    I’ll pick routes accordingly 😀

Thanks in advance

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Cafe Adventure in Hope, Coleman’s Deli in Hathersage, Old Smithy in Beeley. Tagg Lane Dairy or Our Cow Molly for ice cream.

If you’re there Fri/Sat/Sun, there’s also the Jolley’s van at the top of Curbar Gap.

transporter13
    Free Member

Penny pot cafe in edale is decent if you venture that far up

docrobster
    Free Member

Was going to suggest the no car cafe near rushup but website says it’s closed

eyestwice
    Free Member

@jonedwards has nailed it

scc999

@jonedwards has nailed it

Think I’d agree with you there.

I’d also add the Sett Valley Cafe in Birch Vale and an alternative in Hope if Cafe Adventure is rammed is The Grasshopper Cafe. Bike parking in the courtyard at the back and great coffee / cake.

There’s also Coleman’s Deli in Hathersage.

Si

**EDIT** Peak View Tea rooms if you’re heading towards Cat & Fiddle would be worth a stop. No idea what the coffee is like but the Tea and food have been good when I’ve been there recently.

littlerob

+1 for Tagg Lane dairy. Found this recently but bear in mind that you-know-what means no inside and no toilets.

Esme
    Free Member

And there’s the “legendary” Grindleford Station Cafe . . .
    (I remember them telling a little boy that, unless he ate up his bacon butty first, he couldn’t have any pudding)

tuboflard
    crazy-legs

Another vote for Sett Valley Cafe in Birch Vale.

If you’re as far down as Longnor, Cobbles Cafe (on the corner of the market square) is quite quaint. Loads of choice of cafes in Bakewell.
    And I really like The Old Smithy Tea Rooms in Monyash, on the village green. Popular with motorcyclists as well as cyclists.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Oh – and the 2 in the square in Eyam are fine, plus there’s the community shop in the churchyard in Grindleford, which is ok for a low key bun & brew.

ElShalimo

The posh bakery/cafe in Whaley Bridge is fab. It’s opposite the Jodrell Arms pub car park. Well worth a detour before you head back to Buxton

jeffl

Cafe at Hassop Station just outside Bakewell, next to the Monsal trail.

dpfr

El Shalimo’s recommendation is the Village Bakehouse in Whaley- very good

Community shop in Litton near Tideswell also good

benman
    Free Member

The one in Monyash is great
    Homesford Cottage on A6 nr Cromford has great cake.
    Tor Cafe another road cycling classic in Cromford. Its not posh though!
    Also like the little one tucked away in Youlgreave.
    If you are new to the area, I’d try and do a Dark Peak route one day (out towards Castleton etc) and a White Peak one the next (out towards Longnor, Crowdicote, Long Dale etc). A great contrast. It’s generally much quieter in the White Peak (if you stay off the major roads).

sturmeyarcher

Some fine recommendations above. I really enjoyed a lunch stop at High Nelly’s Cafe in Tideswell recently.

scc999

ElShalimo
    Free Member
    The posh bakery/cafe in Whaley Bridge is fab. It’s opposite the Jodrell Arms pub car park. Well worth a detour before you head back to Buxton

The Bridge Bakehouse – how did I miss that one!? Local to me, great coffee and food. Well worth a visit.

jeffl

Oh also Peak Feast in Youlgreave. Vegi so no chance of a bacon cob but really tasty.

https://peakfeast.co.uk/

snap
    Free Member

Wow …thanks guys
    Looks like I’ll be putting weight on this trip 👍

highpeakrider
    Free Member

If you want to sit in use the Village Kitchen in Whaley Bridge, very good with its new owners.

You can go through the arch with bikes and store or sit outside round the back if the weather is OK.

All the cakes pies etc are homemade on the premises.

Bunnyhop

In Buxton Itself – we like the Green Pavilion cafe. Its next door to Pott’s, a fabulously old fashioned family run store.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Peak District cafes’ is closed to new replies.