Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • PDS advice
  • dday

We are heading over to hit the PDS on Saturday. Staying in Morzine, but starting from Les Crosets. Presumably we will need to buy lift passes to get over to Les Crosets? Would it help if we took our registration docs to see if we can get a free ride over there? Anybody know how long it will take (so we know when to set off)

Thanks!

jambalaya
    Free Member

It’s miles away, about half way round the course ! Sorry to be brutal but what you’ve done by staying in Morzine with a Les Crosets entry is pretty non-sensical (stronger words apply)

Your big problem will be that you have to get to Les Crosets to collect your registration pack. If you tried to ride there (buying pass from Morzine) the registration would be shut by the time you got there. The “docs” you have right now is just an email, the proper pack with your number plate, freebees, lift pass will only be available in Les Crosets

3 options
    1) take @deadkenny’s spare Morzine entry (doesn’t help your mates)
    2) get up at the crack of dawn and drive with bikes to Les Crosets, register and start/finish there (just checked Google it’s a 1.5hr drive)
    3) buy a PDS pass and just ride the course with no number plate, free food, etc etc

weeksy

I’ve got a Friday entry I could sell if anyone is looking.

jambalaya
    Free Member

EDIT: Just had a look at the map – you should be able to drive up to Linderets and get yourself parked at/near Mossets lift then take that and drop into Crosets for your registration. You need to check opening time for the lift, might not be till 9 though.

Also @weeksy on here is “broken” so with @deadkenny that’s two Morzine entries (just seen @weeksy’s is for Friday)

OP your best plan is to try and buy some more entries, that or get in the car at 6 or 6:30am

dday

Thanks gents. It was the only option left for registration, so it wasn’t by choice! There are 10 of us, so thanks for the offers of passes! We will make a plan.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Possibly you can drive over there, register, but then start wherever you like, so could drive back to Morzine. From what I could see once you’ve got the registration kit, the lift pass covers any lifts, and the course isn’t timed and no one looks at your number except the photo guys, so doesn’t matter where you start. I think?

Last year I didn’t have an entry so just bought a lift pass and rode so not too sure what the deal is with the entry, except it didn’t really get you much than a bag of goodies and entry to the food stops for a few slices of cold meat, cheese and bread.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@dk driving to/fro isn’t an option as it’s just too far. We’ve started in Morzine when we’ve had Les Gets packs and/or you can do the same with say Avoriaz but Les Crosets is far away both on the bike and by car. By the time you’ve got back from Les Crosets and done 3hrs driving and it’s 10am or later.

@dday – good luck, I’ve done the late entry thing from Torgon before so appreciate the need to be flexible but I stayed somewhere fairly local. It’s worth trying to get the entry pack as you get your personalised race plate with your country flag (or did the last time I did it)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘PDS advice’ is closed to new replies.