Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Pdfs from Quark missing images
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Doing some work on old quark files, first artwork converted to pdf okay, but second one which is principally the same bar a few different images, is not displaying a couple of Illustrator eps files, another one of the eps files is showing which is baffling.

If I take the images off and put them on a blank sheet and pdf that, it works, . . . baffled?? So it doesn’t appear the images are the problem?

Ideas?

TPTcruiser

Sorry no direct help but I have recently been updating some old PageMaker files to get PDFs off of them. Had to reset the target printer PPD which changed the layout and mucked up some embedded images, eps mostly from MathType equations. The layout changed too so kerning was out and all sorts.
    Does Quark have the same “Target printer” dialog in the document set up settings? If the printer driver has updated this may help/hinder!

M6TTF
    Free Member

try bringing them back in in a new picture box – remember quark was always funny at times, thank the lord for indesign!

binners

Quark has always been like this with PDF’s. With my tin-foil hat on I think Adobe are engineering incompatibility with later versions of Quark. Its got worse, not better

Are they big documents? I know its a last resort, but have you thought about exporting the pages as eps files then converting them to PDFs from that. Its a bodge, but it’ll work

remember quark was always funny at times, thank the lord for indesign!

Amen to that brother!!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ahh but you can’t cmd/alt/shift/ctrl/delete in InDesign can you.

😀

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

dodgy eps, brought back in, all okay now.

binners

well bodged sir! 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Pdfs from Quark missing images’ is closed to new replies.