Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • PDF to JPEG converter software
  • Lazgoat
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend Windows 10 desktop software, free or paid, that will convert PDF files to JPEG?

Alternatively, can anyone recommend software that can be installed on a webserver that can accept a wide range of file formats, .DOC, .DOCX, JPEG, PDF, etc convert them to PDF, and output/integrate with third-party software?

Many thanks!

jambalaya
    Free Member

I only use Mac based applications (included free as part of the OS) also there are many phone/tablet apps which do that, if you can’t find something on Windows you can use your phone and email docs back and forth

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

How big is the image you want to export to jpg? I’m assuming not huge and you only want to export so you can crop/edit a small section?(otherwise the obvious question is why) If so why not just zoom to a decent level and [ctrl]+[print sceen] then paste it into what ever image editing software you wish to use (paint might suffice depending on why you want to export it)

palmer77
    Free Member

Adobe Acrobat Pro can do this or Photoshop is you open a PDF as image files. Is it a one off or frequent task?

DaRC_L

Gimp works to convert PDF to JPG = I used it this morning to do jus that

zilog6128

with Photoshop you only have a drag a PDF onto its icon and it will rasterize it for you (then save it to whatever format you want). I’m sure other image editing apps will work in a similar way.

smokey_jo

Gimp will do the same as photoshop and is free

antigee

as said depends how often – in windows 7 i regularly use the snipping tool that come with windows to do this default save is jpeg – reducing page size if needed before snipping

Gary_M
    Free Member

As above if it’s infrequent then the windows snipping tool is brilliant.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Print screen and paste into MS Paint then save as JPEG.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Or just use the sniping tool 🙂

Lazgoat
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions already. It’s actually for an office. We receive documents in PDF format, a combination of text and some images, and have to upload them into our software. The problem is the software converts JPEG, doc etc to PDF and for some reason won’t accept a file that is already a PDF.

So we have to change the format again to JPEG before uploading, for it to reconvert….
    So it’s a regular thing,a few times a day and files can be as large as 80MB if image heavy.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Ah, in that case my method won’t work.

sharkbait
    Free Member

The problem is the software converts JPEG, doc etc to PDF and for some reason won’t accept a file that is already a PDF.

What is your software doing? I’m not sure i understand why you want to change a PDF into an image file and then back to a PDF?
    Are these multipage PDFs, colour or B&W?

Cougar

Have you tried using software that isn’t shit? That’s insane. You’re turning actual text into a picture of some text embedded into a .PDF 😯

I’d be looking for application updates, getting on to the software company’s tech support, or finding new software.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Reminds me of support people I used to work with who’d take a photo of their screen with their phone, copy the image into a Word document and then send that, when not only could they have ‘print screened’ but often it was just some text they could have copy&pasted. Or worse the guy who’d print the thing out and walk over to hand us the print out, and likewise he’d get emails from customers, print them out and hand them to us.

leffeboy

@deadkenny they zipped it as well didn’t they? Or was it .rar to really be sure

deadkenny
    Free Member

Hah, yeah, had some that were zipped, containing doc file containing jpeg screenshots from cameras 😀

Wouldn’t be rar. Too obscure for them.

Anyway, long winded, but if it’s just one page PDF you can use Foxit Reader (much better than Acrobat by the way), and use the snapshot tool, select the page and it’s copied to the clipboard. Paste into something else to create the JPEG (I recommend Paint.NET).

There’s probably a way of printing to JPEG with the right software also. Though far easier to print to PDF. In fact, could you ditch the crazy software and do this anyway? Windows 10 has a built in PDF printer. Foxit Reader also has a PDF printer. If you have lots of things to go into one PDF, Bullzip PDF printer can let you append into one.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘PDF to JPEG converter software’ is closed to new replies.