Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • PC / laptop / chromebook , or just bluetooth keyboard for tablet?
  • nbt

Since we got a tablet, we’ve very rarely used the PC upstairs as it’s SOOO SLLLLLLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW, but we’re both missing using a proper keyboard. Do we
    a) get a bluetooth keyboard for the tablet
    b) get a new chromebook
    c) get an laptop
    d) get a new PC

Might also need to consider a NAS, so that we can access photos and things from more devices – currently all on a disk in the PC (backed up at work too) so if the PC goes, want to mantain access

Constructive feedback and suggestions welcomed, please.

Sandwich

NAS and two back up discs each equivalent in size to the data on the NAS. We’re using a Synology DS216+II at work as JBOD with two USB3 drives to keep copies on. It will also run a media server for you but the transcoding may be a little slow. (It won’t run Plex. If you’re looking to do that be prepared to fork out if you want to do that on a NAS).

iainc

I use my ipad mini most of the time at home, but when I want proper keyboard the Chromebook is a winner. Recently bought a new and uber fast one after recommendations on here.

this one

though it was a lot less a few weeks back….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nbt

Does look nice that but yes, not cheap!

Despite working in IT, I’ve little to no idea about this kind of thing, I do software development and although I know how to plug stuff in (back in the day I used to set up servers and networks), I’m lost when it comes to NAS and the like, the support lads do all that now

nbt

Could always combine options – bluetooth keyboard for the tablet, add a laptop or chromebook so we have a device each (as opposed to one of us waiting when the other is using it). I do think a NAS is the way forward though

Stoner
    Free Member

typing this on the one ianc mentions.

great bit of kit and can run as an android tablet as well as a touch screen chromebook.

But if you dont need anythng quite so flash amazon also have reasonable 2GB units for c£170

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘PC / laptop / chromebook , or just bluetooth keyboard for tablet?’ is closed to new replies.