Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Paypal T*ss*rs!
  • itchy
    Free Member

Just recevived a payment for something off Ebay – Paypal won’t release the money to me as I have only just jumped on the Ebay/Paypal bandwagon – is this correct? They reckon I have to wait until I get good feedback for the item or 21 days after the payment was made. I take it that they do it just to hold the money in their account a few days longer – I use CRC a lot and would imagine what they would say if I told them I would pay them once I received my kit!

Also, what is a gift payment, made one last night and neither of us got charged? If I sold something out of Ebay and asked for a gift payment would that mean neither party gets charged?

wildrnes
    Free Member

well paypal has the money, so i would just send the item you sold and be happy when you get the feedback

it is there to stop people opening up new accounts and then making off with the cash without the goods being sent
    paypal is doing a good thing there imho

itchy
    Free Member

So why just Paypal, how many other places do you know that will post goods out before being paid for them? All they are doing is keeping the money in their acounts for a few more days to accrue more interest.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sailor74
    Free Member

i had this problem, you will probably have to jump through lots of hoops and provide all sorts of ‘security’ information before paypal will release your money. It took them 8 weeks to release mine (£300), as soon as I got it I emptied and closed the account………..never again!!

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

as widrness says. Send the item you got paid for, receive feedback, get the cash. I think that part of paypal is a good thing as it discourages people creating ebay accounts for quick scams.

AFAIK you can’t ‘manually’select the payment type for ebay transactions, it automatically defaults to ebay payment. The other payment options are for transactions outwith ebay, such as selling stuff on here.

rs
    Free Member

Never heard of this before, I wouldn’t ever send the goods without the money in my account, although sounds like the money is in your account just hasn’t been released for you to use. Not everybody leaves feeback and not always early so you might have to wait the 21 days, sounds crap to me.

itchy
    Free Member

I agree RS – not to worry, can’t do a great deal about it. Stuff going this afternoon so may just mail the guy and ask if he will leave feedback as soon as possible. I suppose three weeks isn’t too long, it’s more the principal than anything else.

mysterymurdoch
    Free Member

itchy they won’t be trying to gain interest as they probably get peanuts interest. There have been a lot of people starting up ebay accounts, spending literally no more than 2 days selling items they don’t actually have, making off with the money and not being traced by ebay or paypal ever again. This stops them doing that…the buyer would raise a dispute long before 21 days is up I would hope, giving paypal a chance to refund.

in your case you will get the money. Best to start getting feedback on ebay just as a buyer…buy small items here and there to build up a good rating before selling expensive items.

wildrnes
    Free Member

don’t be stupid

you have the money in your pay pal account you just can’t access it

paypal need to be sure you are not a scammer therefore they block your account till you get good feedback ie you have sent the goods, the person is happy with the goods and they are not wanting a refund

just send it, wait for the feedback and be happy that paypall is attempting to stop scammers using the service

and next time check the t’s and c’s

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

So why just Paypal, how many other places do you know that will post goods out before being paid for them

every time you pay by credit card or debit card in a shop they let you walk out without having actually received any money for the goods at the point if sale

itchy
    Free Member

wildrnes – thanks for our cocky advice mate. As mentioned above, I said I’d live with it but just don’t agree with it.

hora
    Free Member

5 years of ebay- 94 feedback and all of a sudden Ebay said ‘new regs, due to your low trading history/for security reasons you now have to have to OFFER paypal on your auctions.

The wording was ‘offer’. Revenue streams anyone?

itchy
    Free Member

It’s all about getting more money Hora, I agree I’ve only just joined up with Ebay and am amazed at all the fee’s being thrown around. Saying that, I have a garage full of bike stuff and a partner with God knows how many handbags so need them more than they need me!

Daffy

It’s not paypal, It’s eBay, same company so same thing really though.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Companies in payment for services offered shocker…

itchy
    Free Member

Companies in payment for services offered shocker…

??

X111
    Free Member

The ‘gift’ option is unavailable on e-bay 🙁
    If it was, how could they charge everyone who uses it twice therefore losing out on their fees, twice 👿
    More people are catching on to the ‘gift’ idea but your postal details are not sent with the tansaction. And if it does go t!ts up, you aren’t covered with insurance.
    As for no fees with the gift, you are charged if a credit card is used but not if you use your Paypal balance or bank account.

coffeeking
    Free Member

??

You’re using their service. They wish to make money from you. Maybe one day they decide they can offer extra safety (by stopping people signing up and withdrawing instantly) but they can also make a little extra cash at the same time. If you don’t like it, dont use paypal – find another service that works the same but is cheaper, or pay cash/cheque – its a bit more inconvenient but you dont like them having your cash for its interest for a couple of weeks so its worth it right?

takisawa2

Its a bit like the Escrow system used in the US. Payment is held by a third party until both parties are satisfied, then its released.
    Sounds ok to me.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Paypal T*ss*rs!’ is closed to new replies.