Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • PayPal rules against me
  • mashr

Not sure how I feel about this, so co sided it a half-rant.

Keeping it short, I bought a damper off Pinkbike. The ad started it would fit:

“Pike 110-160mm
    Yari 110-160mm
    Lyrik 110-160mm”

Works for me as I wanted to shove it into a Yari. However, it doesn’t fit, it’s 15mm too short. The manufacturer also confirmed that it wouldn’t fit a 160mm Yari as the length needed is greater than a Pike. Seller was kicking back against taking it back so I raised it with PayPal. Today I get their ruling stating “This decision was made because if an item is materially similar to the seller’s description, we do not consider it to be significantly not as described.” How can that be the case when it won’t fit a 160mm Yari/Lyrik (or a 150mm for that matter)?

Feeling like PayPal might have screwed me over here.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

How can that be the case when it won’t fit a 160mm Yari/Lyrik (or a 150mm for that matter)?

Feeling like PayPal might have screwed me over here.

They don’t know about bike stuff would be the simple explanation.

andy4d

That sound harsh on you, can you appeal their decision? So if you buy a 27.5 wheel that turns out to be a 29″ wheel then as it is similar paypal are happy? Or a 40″ tv that actually a 32″ etc etc. Dont think they understand that the difference renders item useless to you.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cromolyolly
    Free Member

Did you include the email from the manufacturer stating it categorically wouldn’t fit?
    That sounds flat out wrong. If I state a part will fit a certain model of something and it doesn’t how is that not as described?

DezB
    Free Member

Maybe you went into too much detail about why the item was wrong?
    Just tell them its a different part to the advertised description. Binary, like.

ampthill

Maybe Dexb has it

I bought a Yari Damper

It isn’t a Yari Damper

mashr

andy4d

Subscriber
    That sound harsh on you, can you appeal their decision?

No option that I can find! Obviously chat and phonelines are closed so will need to have a chat with them tomorrow.

They haven’t seen the email, but they know I have it. I would say that my Escalation message was pretty clear, so I really cant see where they’re coming from.

In all liklihood I could sell it on and get my money back, but it still really grates

enmac
    Free Member

I don’t think they look into these things very deeply. I got caught by the UBYK shenanigans and initially Paypal refused my claim because they said I had already been refunded. When I pointed out that UBYK’s bank had stopped the refund when they went bust, Paypal said oh yeah and refunded me straight away.

mashr

My opinion of PayPal has dropped again today. Found a bit on the site telling me how to complain against a ruling. Followed their instructions and filled out a wee form and sat back to await their response. The response from Anthony was a copy and paste of their instructions on how to raise an initial case, he obviously hadn’t read a word 🙄

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘PayPal rules against me’ is closed to new replies.