Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Paypal question
  • flip
    Free Member

I’ve used paypal for years but i have been offered a very good price for an item i listed on another forum. It sounds a little to good to be true so my question is this, once the purchaser has paid for the item can i be sure i have the money? can it be removed by the buyer?

jota180
    Free Member

He can claim non-delivery, not as described etc. and put in a Paypal dispute with a reasonable chance of success.
    I’d certainly be careful not to post to any address other that the Paypal confirmed one.

Liftman

Make them send the payment as PayPal gift 😉

seba560
    Free Member

Confirm address and send it recorded delivery.

xiphon
    Free Member

Transfer the money from your PayPal account to your bank before posting. They cannot reclaim it then.

ski
    Free Member

Transfer the money from your PayPal account to your bank before posting. They cannot reclaim it then.

I could be wrong, but I thought PayPal could take funds from a linked bank a/c in a dispute situation?

scant
    Free Member

yes, paypal can take money from your accoun & even put you into overdrawn in your paypal account. theres no guarentee, just offer a full refund if the buyer isnt happy, providing the item is returned to you in its original condition. also make sure the item is sent fully insured with tracking, so the buyer cant claim it didnt arrive.

poly
    Free Member

I’m sure there is something to do with Ironing here…

You are worried about a buyer being legit because the price he has offered is above market value; yet you are happy to take his £ !

squiff
    Free Member

Flip

Have you checked the sale forum, me and someone else have offered you for the camera and lens

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Paypal question’ is closed to new replies.